Project Manager - ConstructionApply Now Job ID 1607675BR Date posted 06/08/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0229 - Resource Management
The primary purpose of this role is to successfully deliver assigned engineering and construction projects within the Director/Sr. Manager's portfolio. This includes responsibility for project planning, bid documentation, contractor selection, budgeting, scheduling, contract management and consultant/vendor management to meet delivery requirements on multiple construction projects. The role will provide day-to-day oversight and direction as the owner's representative necessary to ensure project success.
- Manages multiple construction projects within the Director/Sr. Manager's portfolio for new and existing retail, industrial or corporate facilities
- Works with key stakeholders and other functional business units to deliver on a diverse portfolio of project types with an ability to conduct construction meetings and presentations
- Assists with project planning and chartering, including responsibility for preliminary budget and schedule information
- Provides support to secure project entitlements, permits and and other required approvals with a knowledge of regulatory and code requirements for construction management
- Prepares scope, bid documentation and evaluations to support contracting of external vendors and consultants on a variety of projects with an ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Administers construction contract and responsible for the accuracy of project budget and schedule, including purchase orders, pay applications, change orders, owner furnished items and project closeout
- Provides project updates and reporting with the ability to identify risks to a project and proactively resolve them
- Makes decisions independently and collaboratively to solve problems and technical issues as they arise
- Adheres to Lowe’s guidelines and processes for construction project management
- Communicates highly technical problems clearly and concisely for others to understand and interpret
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement in support of guidance provided by Real Estate Engineering & Construction (REEC) Leadership and participates in both the development and implementation
- Participates in review of construction practices to look for innovative materials or means and methods to lower project costs
- Associate's Degree in Construction, Architectural Management, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years experience in Construction Management, Design Engineering Management, or Architectural Management.
- 10+ experience managing due diligence and permitting or construction administration for multiple buildings and/or site development projects.
- 10+ years experience working in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architectural Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years experience in Construction Management, Design Engineering Management, or Architectural Management.
- 7+ years experience managing due diligence and permitting or construction administration for multiple buildings and/or site development projects.
- 7+ years experience working in cross-functional teams
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE 50 home improvement company serving more customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
As a company with a long-standing commitment to the military, we wanted to honor @USArmy's 244th birthday properly - with cake and camaraderie. We're eternally grateful for your service and sacrifice. #ArmyStrong #ArmyBday low.es/2IETDzD pic.twitter.com/1MNEo1SyGB
We are excited to unveil #TheTalentHub, a new recruiting center at our headquarters in Mooresville designed to enhance the #CandidateExperience for current and future talent. Take a look inside our new space: bit.ly/2IGz7yI pic.twitter.com/F051aK9NXg
Lowe’s is investing in new technology and new ways to use it in our stores, online and across our entire company. Recently, we joined forces with @GoogleCloud in Charlotte, NC for #CloudDevelopersDay. Take a look at highlights from the event. pic.twitter.com/sA5DPsP6GN
“I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” Welcome to #LowesLife! #LowesIntern19 @EastCarolina #PirateNation low.es/2UlgJhk pic.twitter.com/TAthYuD4y8
Lowe's 10-year partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America continues with #RennovationAcrosstheNation2019, an initiative to repair and refurbish clubs nationwide! Learn more here: low.es/2In9Jhc pic.twitter.com/a0eCPBvlXT
Lowe’s Heroes volunteers respond to tornadoes, flooding across Midwest ow.ly/LEVf30oXCRK #LowesHeroes #LowesLife #Community pic.twitter.com/fTuDzzMf1x
Our store operations intern, Lauren, is ready to rock this summer. “I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” #LowesIntern19 https://low.es/2UlgJhk
After a year of service in Afghanistan, Lowe's welcomed David Nelson, a 19-year associate, back to our team with a special reception. Welcome home, David! #LowesLife bit.ly/2KE4co5 pic.twitter.com/AHZLjV6uam