The primary purpose of this role is to conduct or oversee a suite of projects (may include both technical and non-technical components) by applying deep expertise in project/program management. This includes responsibility for developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines, determining and carrying out processes and methodologies, coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals, partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions, and recognizing cross-functional program process improvements. Overall, this role manages programs that ultimately drives business and financial value and provides strategic and operational improvements across the business. This role will utilize a degree of technical knowledge, with high focus on business functionality and management skills.
• Delivers one or more programs that vary in size and complexity, and may manage one or more large, highly complex and/or high impact programs with extended durations, with full responsibility and accountability for the delivery and business outcomes of any/all projects within the program
• Serves as primary liaison with C-level executive leaders, program and project sponsors, clients, vendors and other key stakeholders to identify program initiatives, influencing the prioritization of projects, deliverables, and decisions necessary for optimal program delivery
• Translates business visions and strategies into program execution plans that are aligned to achieve future state cross-functional business solutions
• Develops and manages program and project timelines, budgets, financials, forecasts, spend, and global resource utilization, providing input and justification of impact for team to make adjustments when issues are identified and require resolution
• Leads cross functional global workforce and 3rd party solution provider(s) to achieve desired business outcomes (i.e. RFIs and vendor request RFPs) and to ultimately create and execute integrated and efficient program plans
• Works closely with the Enterprise Delivery Director on both strategic and tactical delivery of business programs and manages a range of initiatives to achieve a particular organizational business outcome
• Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the various project teams, setting expectations and holding project teams accountable to those expectations to reach desired outcomes
• Manages program execution by overseeing the data collection process for program review and evaluation, using data-driven methods to quantify program benefits and inform decisions
• Partners with Project Managers (and Associates), cross-functional leaders, functional subject matter experts, and executive sponsors (e.g., Store Operations, Supply Chain, HR) to identify program interdependencies that impact prioritization and resource allocation decisions
• Controls and mitigates risks across multiple, interdependent programs/projects and manages dependencies affected by ongoing changes across programs/projects to make risk mitigation recommendations to the program teams and leadership
• Provides project management expertise and business area knowledge through education and resource accessibility on the subject of project management and various delivery methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
• 8 plus years of experience in business, including 4+ years managing projects/programs
• 8 plus years of experience working on and/or managing project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management, organizational change)
• 6 plus years of experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates
• Experience managing operational or project/program financial budgets and leading project teams
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field
• Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification
• 6 plus years of experience in project/program planning and coordination and working on projects/programs requiring the integration of cross-functional business solutions
• 3 plus years of experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.