Pro Sales Support Specialist
The purpose of this role is to be the primary point of contact and troubleshooting liaison for all sales and administrative support needs of the Lowe's outside sales teams. This position will be responsible for the intake, prioritization, solution development, and follow up on any support need received, enabling the outside sales teams to spend more time in front of customers. This position is responsible for working collaboratively both with their customer (the outside sales team) and their peers in the role to help the entire team continuously learn and respond with solutions in a timely manner. In addition, this position is responsible for being the conduit to Lowe's for outside sales teams of Lowe's allied businesses (e.g., Maintenance Supply Headquarters) allowing them to offer Lowe's as a solution to their customers.
- Provides excellent customer service and support to outside sales teams, territory management, and allied business partners to maximize all sales opportunities in a timely manner.
- Creates a collaborative environment by working in a team of peers to solve problems and share information with peers, leaders, sales teams, and possibly even directly with customers
- Mayperform research regarding pro customers; makes suggestions to or provides such information to sales teams to optimize sales activities
- Communicates with and interacts with other corporate departments (e.g., Marketing, Merchandising, LOE, Store/Internal Communications, BTV, FP&A, Credit, Human Resources) to learn about, identify, and deliver solutions that solve the needs of the outside sales team.
- Communicates with and interacts with stores, vendors, and outside agencies to deliver solutions for outside sales team members.
- May support outside sales related communications and develop informational resource repositories for self-service learning.
- Leverages personal product knowledge and other resources in order to complete quotes, perform product cross references, and process orders.
- Continuously evaluates sales support tools for opportunities to improve and allow outside sales teams to collaborate and more easily access information
- May perform occasional store visits and/or customer visits to determine effectiveness of support, communications, tools, and resources that are enabling the success of the outside sales team.
- Supports the identification and development of processes, policy, and training for outside sales teams through: onboarding, training, Q&A, reporting, research, collaboration, resource development, connectivity with other field and store team members; attending select meetings (physical & virtual), etc.
- Focuses on solutions that are in the best interest of the customer and escalates any issues as needed to leadership for added support.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Communication, or related field
- 3-5+ years of proven experience in Home Improvement or Industrial/Commercial Supply House very helpful, with experience at Lowe’s or another mass retailer extremely helpful
- Excellent familiarity with standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite, word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail), video editing, ability to analyze data a plus
- Superior verbal, written, communication skills, speak intelligently to various groups of people both internally and externally on behalf of the company. Effectively interact with all levels of employee.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Posses self-motivation and strong desire to achieve results. Seeks constant personal learning and development opportunities, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communication, or related field and 2+ years of previously stated experience.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.