AccountantApply Now Job ID 1539146BR Date posted 02/11/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0064 - Taxes
This position will work on indirect tax audits for Lowe’s primarily related to state and local sales and use tax and may provide support on property tax appeals and other local jurisdictional indirect taxes applicable to Company business activities.
The primary purpose of this position will involve assisting with and managing sales and use tax audits for the US and Canada. Secondary responsibilities include preparation and filing of tax returns, general ledger account reconciliations, SOX internal control testing, and tax research on various topics. The position will also be required to answer tax related questions from stores and vendors and may be asked to assist with real property appeals.
• Assist with and manage sales and use tax audits to close them in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on activities that are more complex in nature and require and understanding and application of basic accounting and tax knowledge
• Ability to work with external consultants and meet tight deadlines to ensure audits are closed timely to prevent the company from accruing an unnecessary amount of interest for unpaid sales and use tax
• Prepare and evaluate reports or returns to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
• Researche various financial activities to identify issues, explain findings to principal accountants,managers, and directors to determine resolution
• Maintain appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries
• Communicate effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
• Work with applications to handle large amounts and analyze and review prior to providing to the auditor. Tools will include applications like Knime and Alteryx.
• Review job procedures consistently to identify potential improvements that will increase the accuracy and efficiency of all assigned tasks
• Respond to questions from stores and vendors relating to tax issues, and volunteers for assignments and to assist with projects in other areas of the tax function such as property tax
• Perform analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly or annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations, with review from senior roles where needed
• Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field with 2-4+ years' experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business (Non-Accounting) or related field with 0-2+ years' experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
• Intermediate skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
• Demonstrated understanding of basic GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 0-2+ years' experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
RT @Lowes: Lowe's is proud to offer 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
Thank you to all the students who came out! Learn more about our student events here: low.es/2XktrQq 👩🎓👨🎓
When Lowe's heard that Michigan resident Danny Newland's snowblower had been stolen, we knew we had to replace it. It was a snow brainer! Learn more about the story here: sm.lowes.com/LiGeaP
Transitioning from the military can be daunting. Lowe's Executive Vice President, Joe McFarland, knows from first-hand experience. Read this Q&A with him and learn how he made the most of his transition: sm.lowes.com/XLpfsW #TransitioningVeterans #MilitaryHiring pic.twitter.com/j1dc2mhdtJ
A seasonal position at Lowe's can blossom into a rewarding, full-time career. Join our team this #SpringHire season! 🌸 Discover available roles here: sm.lowes.com/irOsUV pic.twitter.com/S6ESJJy509
No winter blues here. Our team in Lowell, MA is all smiles! Discover how you can join the team here: sm.lowes.com/5dykWe #SpringHire pic.twitter.com/Ez8a4hhOhC
Whether you're a rookie or veteran employee, there's room to grow at Lowe's. Discover fresh #SpringHire opportunities and join our team here: sm.lowes.com/SLGeyK pic.twitter.com/XLJpPZxd2i
It's raining cats and jobs! Say hello to Lola, our feline friend in Sulphur Springs, TX. Get a red vest like hers by joining our team right meow! 🐱 #SpringHire #SulphurSprings #Texashttp://sm.lowes.com/3HRNzX pic.twitter.com/Qfid5TmyUO