Litigation ParalegalApply Now Job ID 1383162BR Date posted 04/13/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0135 - Legal
- Performs specialized paralegal tasks based on attached practice area including claim review and issue recognition, investigating and responding to Notices of Violation, intellectual property docket management, review of and analysis of redlines of vendor agreements to identify high-level issues for escalation, managing compliance with single-plaintiff consent decrees and conciliation agreements, etc.
- Completes legal submissions to regulatory agencies and compliance-related tasks, prepares reports and other documents representing factual information, communicates with federal, state, and local officials regarding matters, and researches relevant regulations, codes, case law to track development of regulatory landscape and apply such to Lowe’s business processes.
- Manages and coordinates fact finding and discovery by conducting legal research (e.g., prepares and submits legal hold requests, prepares due diligence summary reports after contacting business units, and federal, state, and local officials for information and discussion).
- Drafts legal correspondence and documents that require legal expertise, tailors them based on transaction specific details and utilizes the matter management system to memorialize finalized documents and correspondence.
- Performs legal research as it relates to assigned matters utilizing legal training and experience to determine applicability of research to assigned issue and prepare research memoranda analyzing legal issues for attorney review.
- Prepares and identifies legal materials needed for transactional closings, depositions, regulatory filings hearings, and presentations and resolves legal questions prior to attorney review.
- Obtains and reviews key due diligence information, prepares summary reports, runs queries and pulls relevant statutes, regulations and case law for attorney review.
- Intakes and triages requests from business clients and outside counsel and responds to client requests for information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes filings and compliance actions by managing documents and deadlines and collaborating with peers across the company as well as outside counsel.
- Creates exhibits, charts, and diagrams representing factual information.
- Utilizes knowledge of business process and applies legal analytical skills to determine needed changes to company protocols to ensure continued compliance with changing regulations, laws, and consent decrees in assigned area.
- Applies legal training and experience to conduct fact investigations, interview relevant stakeholders, and provide investigation summaries, including factual findings and recommended future actions.
- Manages project initiation, including initial analysis and assessment, and preparation of initial drafts of relevant transaction documents.
- Performs legal and factual research to resolve various complaints, issues or problems, including issues related to land use (e.g. encroachments, environmental regulations, easements, land use restrictions, etc.), Customer and employee accessibility, employee and customer claims, etc.
- Investigates and prepares responses to due-diligence inquiries from third parties regarding landlord/tenant questions, regulatory compliance inquiries, and contract compliance reviews.
- H.S. Diploma with 8+ years of experience working in a corporate legal department or law firm;
- OR an Associate's Degree with 4+ years of experience working in a corporate legal department or law firm;
- OR a Bachelor's Degree with 1 year or less of experience working in a corporate legal department or law firm;
- Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 2+ years of experience managing large volumes of work.
- 3+ years of experience in broad research projects.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- 3+ years of experience drafting legal documents.
- Paralegal certificate.
- State-designated paralegal certification.
- Experience working in a corporate law department.
- Retail Experience.
- Experience with matter management systems.
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Indianapolis, IN? bit.ly/2JlBpAK #Transportation #Hiring
At Lowe’s, we strongly believe that helping our customers love where they live starts with our employees loving where they work. Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/8ffweu pic.twitter.com/R7BoFxpn40
Nicole C., HR Manager at our West Lang, MI store, shares that earning her women in leadership pin was her #bestvestmoment. "This is when I fell in love with our company! If a company would make an investment to develop and encourage women to take leaders
At Lowe's, we celebrate our employees and push them to be the best they can be every single day. Looking to become part of our supportive team? Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: http://sm.lowes.com/8zygwC
RT @LowesMedia: Thank you @2020WOB for recognizing @Lowes as a "W" company for championing gender diversity and having 20% or more of our b…
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2K9E41V #Transportation #SanAntonio, TX #Job #Jobs
We want to congratulate Cynthia on her promotion to Head Cashier! We are so excited to see you succeed and grow in your new role! #bestvestmoment pic.twitter.com/f1lSCEYSfW