Organizational Dsgn ConsultantApply Now Job ID 1537439BR Date posted 02/07/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0361 - Organizational Design
The senior consultant/director of organization design is integral to the success of the enterprise Talent Management function, ensuring that Lowe's has the right operating models, structures and capabilities, at the right cost, needed to propel enterprise business growth. This individual will lead Lowe's organization design and effectiveness initiatives in the attainment of Lowe's business and human capital strategy goals. He/she will be responsible for serving as a strategic partner to business leaders, delivering leading-edge consulting services and maturing the company's organization design methods and tools that can be implemented at the function, initiative and team levels.
- Designing strategy and building OD capabilities in alignment with Lowe's business needs and in direct collaboration with the Change Management COE and other HR functions. This includes tailoring OD methods and tools for merger acquisition-related activities.
- Collaborating with senior leadership, HR, department clients, and project team members to ensure systemic focus, alignment and integration of organization design strategies, projects and programs for successful implementation and results.
- Consulting with leaders on a variety of management and organization effectiveness issues (i.e., operating models, structure, roles and accountabilities), for both current needs and future growth and development.
- Promoting and facilitating the use of proven OD methods, processes and tools across Lowe's while educating leaders and HR business partners on them.
- Providing leadership to, coaching and developing the OD team (direct reports)
He/she has a broad scope of influence over all parts of the organization and must be able to balance internally designed versus vendor supplied solutions, recognize when business partners require the OD team's involvement and ensure results that contribute to company success.
- Conducts “triage”/work intake sessions and records key points to assess and defines OD priorities for incoming needs/requests for support (imperative, important and interesting)
- Levering deep OD expertise, conducts evidence-based organization diagnosis/needs assessment/root cause analysis activities, including delivery of a credible impact analysis that establishes priorities for which gaps/problems should be solved first.
- Independently or in consultation with other functional experts (in HR and non-HR functions), develops prioritized recommendations that identify the outcomes, methods and resources required for a successful intervention, along with any dependencies/interdependencies that will need to be accounted for in the work.
- Clarifies an organization’s strategy/priorities and aligns its business operating model, organization structure, decision rights, processes, and management systems.
- Drives the execution of OD work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporates them into business plans (if required); gains cross-functional support for business priorities.
- Researches and leverages industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance to executives when difficult decisions need to be made.
- Effectively collaborates with Talent Management team members and HRBPs to achieve goals while promoting a spirit of teamwork and commitment to the timely delivery of exceptional OD work products.
- Guides large / diverse groups towards outcomes or through conflicts at higher levels of complexity. Demonstrated ability to Influence and support senior leaders across the organization on decisions related to alignment of resources, roles and responsibilities that add value to successfully realizing company strategy.
- Collects information about the duties/tasks as well as the capabilities (knowledge, skills, abilities) and other personal characteristics individuals must possess in order to be successful in a particular role.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Master's Degree in Business, Industrial/Org Psychology
- 7 - 10 year experience in organizational development and design
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Nebraska is still recovering from historic flooding and costly damage, but Lowe's Heroes have stepped up to help and provided critical disaster relief supplies and resources for the community. Learn more about our efforts here: http://sm.lowes.com/sWFHk1
#DYK that Lowe's employs more than 18,000 military, veterans and #militaryspouses? You could be next! #HeroesWanted Apply for #SpringHiring roles here:
Looking for a seasonal job with flexible hours and a fun environment? We've got you covered. #SpringHiring Find your fit here:
Every spring we welcome new and old friends to join us for our favorite season! Find out more about #SringHiring opportunities here:
Join our team and help us bring spring to life. Apply for #SpringHiring opportunities here:sm.lowes.com/2ayomu pic.twitter.com/kD597xf1y9
Members of the military are a special breed. That's why we want them on our team this spring. To apply for #SpringHiring jobs, click here: http://sm.lowes.com/0ZR4Qx
Lowe's was delighted to invite some of our distinguished military customers to the Final Four as a way to further thank them for their service. Learn more about our honored guests here: http://sm.lowes.com/DFREf5
Another day and another way we honor #militaryveterans and #servicemembers. Lowe's was honored to host our military customers at this year's #FinalFour. Discover the surprises we had for them at the #MarchMadness event: sm.lowes.com/KpiP6S pic.twitter.com/7opaPgxTLm