Online Support Manager
Purpose of Role:
The Online Support Manager manages a team that is responsible for day-to-day issue management, support and execution for online properties within the Lowe's Online Merchandising organization, including but not limited to daily operations, weather-related events, promotional event support and release support. They proactively monitor and act on issues, insights, KPIs and processes which result in improvement of the associate and customer experience. They ensure complex omni-channel implementations are clearly communicated and executed according to defined processes, with a consistent eye on the customer and associate experience.
The Online Support Manager will lead a team to help us accomplish these objectives. This leader will obsess about the customer, have a bias for action, think strategically, look at the business analytically, implement at scale and develop a team of exceptional talent. He/she will draw on operations experience, managing workflow across the entire team, and own and author business reviews of the team processes while managing priorities against customer and associate impact to deliver results often under extreme deadlines.
To accomplish this, the Online Support Manager must have knowledge of enterprise marketing initiatives, technical capabilities, operational effectiveness and practical constraints, and must be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization.
This role will be the face of customer and associate issues back to the Online Merchandising teams.
• Responsible for issue trend monitoring by contributing to the weekly business review (WBR) of their division(s) and monitoring issue trends/KPI's to ensure success metrics are being met.
• Responsible for issue triage by leveraging subject matter expertise to understand broader omni-impacts; determines reassignment of priority based on available data for complex issues.
• Serves as the escalation point for issues impacting the team’s ability to route and resolve issues and/or execute intraday changes required to operate the online space.
• Manages and develops an online support team responsible for the issue management and execution of online properties.
• Responsible for supporting production changes by reviewing and approving of intraday/emergency/expedited changes in division/product with consideration of the broader omni-channel impact.
• Participates in weekly rotation of on-call support specific to a 24/7 plan, serving as the manager escalation.
• Ensures all SOPs are maintained and current by staying on top of online trends and translating that to team efforts.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of issue analysis provided by team to provide updates to senior leadership and IT partners.
• Ensures issue communication is executed within defined processes and timelines; drives process improvements where needed.
• Cross-functionally works with Online Merchandising, Core Merchandising, Core Pricing, Technology and Product Management to ensure issues are clearly being reviewed and resolved in an efficient and timely manner to drive online sales and improve customer experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Project Management, Engineering or related field and 4 years’ experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, product marketing OR 8 years’ experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, product marketing.
• 2 years demonstrated delivery of business results.
• Ability to handle high-pressure situations and dynamic environment.
• Excellent time-management and organization skills.
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization.
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.