Mobile Senior Software EngineerApply Now Job ID 1241432BR Date posted 08/04/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - IT Digital Solutions
Do you consider yourself a Maverick? Are you always on the hunt for the latest cutting-edge development technologies to make life easier? Do you find yourself working on side projects as a way to learn those new technologies? Do you want to have a real impact solving big problems alongside super awesomely talented engineers of a fortune 40 company?
If any of the above speaks to you, then Lowe's wants to speak with you! We are looking for more super awesomely talented Mobile Senior Software Engineers to join us on our journey on building and cultivating our Global Omni-Chanel Development Teams!
The Mobile Sr. Software Engineer is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
The Mobile Sr. Software Engineer is also responsible for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
The Mobile Sr. Software Engineer supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) and participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases.
In addition, this position is responsible for expert knowledge of mobile trends and secure coding practices in this space.
The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include advanced knowledge of mobile technologies such as Objective-C,Swift, Android, Java as well as integrations with APIs, REST services, etc.
• Design and build applications for the iOS platform
• Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
• Ability to design new features and also identify and fix defects
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Ability to perform code review and provide meaningful feedback
• Proficient with Objective-C and Swift
• Proficient with Xcode
• Proficient with Storyboards and Interface Builder
• Able to build UI using Auto Layout
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Familiarity with profiling tools (Instruments) and how to use them to diagnose an issue
• Experience with performance and memory tuning
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
• Understanding of Apples design principles and the Human Interface Guidelines
• Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (mainly git)
• Familiarity with continuous integration and the principles involved
• Able to work in an agile environment as a member of a large and dynamic team
• Proficiency and comfort in switching between user facing features and underlying architecture as needs arise
• 3+ consecutive years experience in Android development
• Expert in Java and Android APIs
• Expert in Android UX concepts including Dynamic UIs
• Strong Android UX design instincts and grasp of best practices
• Strong passion for mobile development and creation
• Android Studio
• Junit and Espresso
• Google Firebase
• Agile and Scrum
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· 4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
· 5+ years of experience in database technologies
· 5 years experience developing and/or implementing mobile applications.
· 4 years experience programming in Android.
· 3+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
· 4+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
· 3+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
· 5+ years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
· 5+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
· 5+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or software solution providers
· 5+ years of experience working with application and integration middleware
· 5+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
· 5+ years of experience working with source code control systems
· 5+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
· 5+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
· 5 years experience applying Agile development practices.
· 5 years experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems.
· 5 years experience working with distributed, component-based architectures.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Recent graduates and soon-to-be grads, this one's for you! Our Moorseville, NC, corporate office is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist. If you have the skills and desire to learn, click here to apply now! http://sm.lowes.com/ALrs49
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Senior IT Business Analyst - bit.ly/2xdIIEB #Mooresville, NC #CareerArc
There is still plenty of time to register for the many recruiting events Lowe's will be attending this year! Explore the list of recruiting events and register today! http://sm.lowes.com/wtcGgZ
Our new fulfillment center will bring over 400 new hires next year. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/6bdFa5 pic.twitter.com/B9EPwmM054
Want to work in #Mooresville, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2xaw8WG #SupplyChain #Job #Jobs #Hiring #CareerArc
Someone wants to Chat with me? ! Check my pinned post! twitter.com/Rhelton1/statu…
Our stores and team are always growing, and you have the chance to grow with us! Explore our openings now! http://sm.lowes.com/MOBQsx
When the Lowe's Heroes heard that Hornbeck High School was in desperate need of new cabinets, they jumped at the opportunity to help out! Through donations and volunteering, they were able to help Hornbeck High School install the new cabinets and more. Learn more now: http://sm.lowes.com/qmrnx5