Mgr Macro Econometric Insights
As a key part of the Strategy Team, the Market Insights & Analytics team identifies, analyzes, and communicates to the business relevant opportunities, risks, and trends related to the economic, consumer, category, channel, and geospatial environment in which Lowe’s operates.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The principle purpose of the Manager, Market & Econometric Insights is to plan, design, direct, and conduct economic modeling to understand and predict the impact of the economic environment on the home improvement industry and Lowe's business. This includes independently conducting market sizing, growth, share, and opportunity assessments that can be integrated with economic and sales models. The position requires the ability to generate the relevant analytics and derive strategic insights to understand market-level dynamics to identify and quantify opportunity relevant to Lowe's to drive enterprise value, including total industry, channel, customer, product/commodity category, and geography. This person also has primary responsibility for ensuring that analyses are accurate, impactful, timely, and efficient, as well as for effectively communicating actionable results to the executive team and other key business areas.
• Ensures appropriate analysis is conducted for optimal results by understanding Lowe’s business questions and the links to appropriate data and modeling concepts
• Leverage expertise of appropriate analytics and data mining tools/methods; gathering information on the business problem and designing an analytic approach
• Design, execute and summarize research taking insights and driving action behind those insights Integrate insights from multiple projects into more strategic insights to grow the Lowe’s business
• Stay current on economic and analytic industry trends; lead and/or coach internal clients on how to optimally leverage the econometric results into the decision-making process
• Partner with suppliers to bring in best-in-class trend and research techniques
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact with many types of people at all levels of experience
• Bachelor's Degree, Economics, Statistics or Analytics
• 5+ years’ experience working in a retail environment or analytics supplier
• 5+ years’ experience working with analytic software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
• 5+ years Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• 3+ years proven business impact and ability to turn data into a story
• Master's Degree, Economics, Statistics, or Analytics
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.