Purpose of Role:
Merchants are responsible for all aspects of daily business within their assigned product assortments. This role will have financial accountability, including P&L and buying responsibility for assigned products. Merchants will innovatively solve for customer needs, grow market share, capitalize on business and product opportunities, improve upon merchandising localization and merchandising productivity. The Merchant will manage their assigned product assortments within the direction and objectives set forth by their MVP/DMM. The Merchant may have a team of direct reports, ranging from 1 to 3 associates with responsibility for making hiring decisions including hiring and terminations, performance management and coaching.
• Responsible for the P&L performance of assigned product category and has buying responsibility.
• Creates direction and strategy for assigned category-specific products that exceeds customer expectations and meets Product Line Review objectives.
• Create appealing product assortments and pricing strategies in assigned categories that align with brand vision/strategy and through an omni-channel lens, such as market localization and partnering with online merchandising.
• Translates strategy into actionable tactics that execute and meet or exceed objectives including sales, gross margin dollar, and inventory turn.
• Provides support and direction to support functions and merchandising team including performance management, accountability and coaching, and makes hiring decisions.
• Maintains an effective, day-to-day relationship with vendors, negotiations, providing feedback, and acquiring new relationships.
• Maintain industry expertise to stay aware of new trends/business to optimize product category success.
• Maintain strong, effective relationships with vendors to drive innovation and product development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 3+ years merchandising experience, OR, 5+ years merchandising experience
• Cross-functional rotation experience outside of core merchandising
• Experience in retail buying at large or big box retail
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.