Merchant - Prod DevelopmentApply Now Job ID 1613646BR Date posted 06/26/2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Blvd Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Hardlines International Mercha
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The PDM will implement an International Merchandising Process that will provide Lowe's and LG Sourcing (Lowe's Global Merchandising) the ability to merchandise internationally sourced products in a method that is consistent with our customer's expectations. This role is responsible for collaboratively working to determine priority business partners and understand near and long term growth plans for the business focusing on key import & domestic Private Brand category opportunities with a balanced country of diversification strategy for each category. The PDM will work with branding to deliver a consolidated Private Brand Strategy for his/her divisions. The leader will work with branding to ensure simple and consistent brand standards, category positioning, voice and price positioning while building plans and working cross-functionally to execute. Product Development Merchants will work with Merchandising and be held accountable to drive import & Private Brand growth and innovation. Product Development Merchants will facilitate bringing together internal and external resources to complete the projects including, merchandising, trend, design, marketing, branding, logistics, LG Sourcing, packaging and international & domestic Private Brand vendors. The incumbent will provide input to and deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and be held accountable to delivering Private Brand & import penetration, innovation, sales and margin goals.The position also plays a key role in managing and leading the supplier base to be sales and profit solution providers. This role is expected to deliver a world class supplier matrix with best in class product and pricing.This role is critical to Lowe's because it handles the import & Private Brand piece of the business and drive sales and profit as the 4th largest importer in the US. In addition, it is charged with identifying innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement.
• Merchandising Key Contact: The PDM will provide input to and deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and be held accountable to delivering Private Brand and import penetration, sales and margin goals. They will be experts on the Private Brand Portfolio and be the key contact with supporting organizations related to sourcing and private brands while engaging trend and design resources when needed.
• Drive Private Brand & Import Innovation: Identify innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement. These individuals will be category experts and will leverage Sourcing, Private Brands, Quality Assurance and design resources to ensure innovation and programs are delivered quickly and cost effectively to the market.
• Vendor Management: Will work with sourcing to manage current vendors performance, while also diversifying vendors to bring on new suppliers, new countries or find vendors to develop Private Brand innovation. This role will be a key contact with domestic offices and communicate with sourcing offices for imports to negotiate program elements and vendor defective collections or MST support.
• Managing import programs: Import Item set-up/PCM facilitators including utilizing Tradestone system, responsible for collecting quarterly excess defectives from import vendors, International Sourcing Trip planners.
• Financial Responsibility: Demonstrate financial and business acumen by delivering a Private Brand Strategy for assigned categories. Responsible for establishing pricing, import and Private Brand growth, category sales and margin and import category penetration. Will include product reviews and establishing product differentiators and overall brand/product performance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, International Business, or related field and 3+ years experience in Merchandising, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Development, Sourcing, or International Business OR
• 6+ years experience in Merchandising, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Development, Sourcing, or International Business
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Master's Degree in business, International Business, or related field
About Lowe’sLowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.#LI-81GLAW
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav