Merchandising Manager - Lowe's Protection PlansApply Now Job ID 1260606BR Date posted 09/22/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0744 - In-Home & Specialty Sales
The primary purpose of this role is to be directly accountable for the financial performance (sales, margin dollars, margin rate, close rate, vendor support, payment terms, etc..) of the unique set of Aftermarket Lowe’s Protection Plan offerings. This includes responsibility for working with all cross-functional partners inside Lowe’s and with vendors to assimilate and analyze information, design the brand and customer awareness, achieve protection plan strategies both in Renewals and Missed Point of Sale, define new and future protection plan offerings, exceed customer expectations including terms and conditions compliance, as well as maintain actuarial financial performance.
• Defines the strategy and owns the unique set of Lowe’s Protection Plan offerings after the offer at point of sale.
• Directs and influences extended teams in marketing, legal, merchandising, etc. as well as the vendor supporting the program.
• Defines the retail price & benefits structure to remain competitive in the market and ensures we maintain legal compliance to the terms and conditions required by the program.
• Responsible for the design & tactics of the communication to customers regarding the aftermarket program including direct mail/email initiatives.
• Serves as the subject matter expert regarding Lowe’s Protection Plans by analyzing data and trends from various sources (internal Lowe’s sources, industry, vendor, etc.) and uses data to make informed decisions regarding the program.
• Drives the development of tactical plans within the category aligned to the overall Lowe’s strategy and bring the vision to realization.
• Identifies gaps or growth opportunities within assigned category and determines solutions to close those gaps and/or keep Lowe’s ahead of new offerings.
• Builds and maintains relationships with external vendors for assigned category, negotiate the best cost, pricing, payment terms as needed to secure the best opportunities for Lowe’s on an ongoing bases.
•Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field and
•3 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
Purchasing, Buying, Sales, Merchandising, Category, extended warranty experience, or a related field Or
•5 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
Purchasing, Buying, Sales, Merchandising, Category or Product Line Management or a related field
•P&L Management Experience
• Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're here with the tools to help you build your next career. See what we have to offer: sm.lowes.com/VR0vMP pic.twitter.com/XQPRRuuIx3
GIANT Bulldog thank you to the @Lowes volunteer heroes. The @YorkESBulldogs campus is B-E-A-utiful! #LowesHeroes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We're here to deliver your next career! Apply to become a Non-CDL driver for our team: http://sm.lowes.com/aKXrVi
Sneak preview of the awesome things are happening today @YorkESBulldogs! #LowesHeroes #YESwecan pic.twitter.com/i8SkcguP7W
Interested in a #job in #Mooresville, NC? This could be a great fit: bit.ly/2kZdQ9R #Hiring
Check out our partnership with the Hornets Legacy Project! We've teamed up with the Charlotte Hornets to renovate basketball courts in their community. Read more: http://sm.lowes.com/yY1g8B
Looking for a rewarding career? Click the link in our bio to check out the job opportunities at our call center in Indianapolis, IN. #LowesLife
This #job might be a great fit for you: Senior SQA Automation Engineer - bit.ly/2wZEvos #Mooresville, NC #Hiring