Manager SE Interior Planning
The primary purpose of the Store Environment Manager-Interiors is to oversee the allocation of projects across Visual Presentation Managers, assisting as necessary to escalate and resolve issues. The position is a primary adviser and consultant to the Store Environment team, translating intent concerning integrating space and design and providing input on what the presentation and layout should be. This position defines high level scope for intent by defining the space change scope, scale and presentation changes, and ensuring that key stakeholders are involved in the translation and consulting process.
The Store Environment Manager-Interiors will also have primary responsibility for acting as the point of communication with Customer Experience Design on anything regarding interior space design and layout, and serves as the primary liaison for the Store Environment Team. Additionally, this position will be responsible for evaluating Customer Experience Design strategies and objectives and providing visual presentation solutions. The Store Environment Manager-Interiors ensures details and approvals are accounted for in the process of implementing the concept.
The Store Environment Manager-Interiors will be responsible for managing and providing results that support consistency in layout and presentation, improve customer experiences, and increase traffic and sales for Lowe's. In addition, the Store Environment Manager-Interiors will manage a team of Visual Presentation Managers and indirectly, their individual contributors in Visual Merchandising who are responsible for store planning and design.
To accomplish this, the Store Environment Manager-Interiors must have proficient knowledge of space design and analysis.
In addition, the Store Environment Manager-Interiors will work closely with leadership from Store Environment on achieving customer experience objectives. This position will also work across cross-functional organizational business units primarily collaborating with Merchandising, CXD Strategy & Design, Real Estate, Promotions and Events, and Marketing.
• New Process Development
• Current Process Improvement
• Manage Capacity and Productivity of Team
• Balances workloads with resources available, coaches and develops direct reports and constantly prepares and leads teams through change
• Ensures team has the right tools that enable them to be successful
•Leads project around complex CXD initiatives
• Ensures the category allocation within the department meets the space and performance goals, in conjunction with preferred planogram adjacencies
•Determines root causes of issues and implements solutions to address
• Leads team to consistently apply visual merchandising standards and operationally efficient merchandising
• Provides support and guidance on department layout proposals by providing ongoing direct feedback to the Visual Presentation Manager(s)
• Drives the development of tactical plans aligned with CXD and business strategy in order to bring the vision into realization
• Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency
• Develops short-term and long-term plans for the Store Environment & Interior Planning team
• Solve complex problems using data, experience and collaboration while looking at the most likely possible outcomes and using the appropriate amount of time to determine the best solution
• Analyzing trends in data around my business unit and making changes that will positively impact business results.
•Understanding the requirements of my business and forecasting risks and opportunities that could impact the bottom line or departmental goals.
•Recommends store environment solutions which align to corporate strategy and drive enhanced productivity and shopping experience
• Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them
• Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility
• Hires, trains and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning
• Negotiates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Retail Management, or related field and 7+ years of retail store planning and design, merchandising, planogramming, real estate or store environment experience OR 10+ years of experience interpretation of store profiles and space allocation
• 3+ years of project/program management experience
• 3+ years of retail department visualization plan across multiple categories
• 3+ years of negotiating retail department space across business units
• 3+ years of leadership experience with direct reports
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.