Manager, Online Events & Promotions
Purpose of Role:
The Manager, Online Events & Promotions, is responsible for planning and executing online events & promotions and the supporting activities. Example responsibilities include leading and developing a team of individual contributors, executing online event/promotion strategies, streamlining execution processes across Mooresville and Bangalore teams and defining capability roadmap in partnership with Product Management.
- Execute online event/promotion strategies
- Leverage testing and analytics to assess performance and influence plans for future events/promotions
- Drive cross-functional readiness conversations to prepare for online events
- Lead team in identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Execute online events/promotion strategies through leveraging Mooresville and Bangalore teams
- Evaluate online performance through use of reporting and dashboards
- Lead projects related to development and improvement of online promotional capabilities by partnering with Product Management to deliver roadmap
- Hire and develop team of individual contributors
- Develop and present communications, often to senior leadership, that convey the right message in an effective way to the appropriate audience
- Work with Product Management to define promotional capability roadmap
- Provide continuous, open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage their growth and assist them in learning new tools, skills and techniques
- Train and develop the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives while providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning
- 5+ years related experience
- Associates degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or related field (or equivalent work experience in related field)
- 6 years of experience in Business, Finance/Accounting, Operations or related area
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.