Manager Business Continuity
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Manager, Business Continuity role is to provide program management for Lowe's Business Continuity Program which seeks to ensure that Lowe's is prepared to both effectively and efficiently respond to continuity and crises events. This includes responsibility for performing/overseeing risk analysis of functional areas to identify points of vulnerability, focusing on minimizing negative impacts to the company's people, processes, infrastructure and technology. In addition the Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and exercising of business continuity plans for each functional area within the company. The role also supports the Lowe's Crisis Support Team during live events. This role is critical to ensuring successful and proactive crisis management to avoid severe damage or harm to the enterprise.
- Supports the Global Business Continuity Program (Business Continuity and Crisis Management) that ensures the organization’s ability to maintain or recover critical processes, applications and data in the event of business interruptions.
- Manages and executes the Business Continuity Lifecycle at Lowe’s by conducting Intelligence Gathering, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, Dependency Mapping, Business Impacts Analyses, supporting business units in developing Continuity Plans and Playbooks, performing functional testing of plans, After-Action Reviews and tracking the resolution of remediation tasks.
- Builds productive partnerships and trust with other key resilience stakeholders across the enterprise – IT Disaster Recovery, Emergency Command Center, Global Security, Information Security, Asset Protection, Human Resources, and Operations.
- Leads the execution of third-party and vendor business continuity assessments and reviews.
- Leads the design, planning, coordination and execution of large-scale tabletop exercises and simulations across the enterprise.
- Partners with external agencies and peer companies to coordinate information exchange and leverage best practices for Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
- Maintains an ever growing knowledge of industry trends, best practices and techniques that can be practically applied at Lowe’s.
- Ensures that IT application specific Business Impact Analyses are conducted, recovery classifications are defined and updated in support of IT DR objectives.
- Manages all aspects of Business Continuity support for IT Disaster Recovery exercises from planning through to execution and, post exercise, gap analyses and remediation resolution.
- Provides Business Continuity advisory services, education and training to leaders and business units across the company. Works as an advocate, salesperson and influencer for Business Continuity at Lowe’s.
- Leads, directs and executes on multiple projects simultaneously involving many internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Plans and prepares for the delivery of stated commitments on time and efficiently while focusing on value-added outcomes for the company.
- Serves as a Captain on the Emergency Command Center, supporting severe weather preparation and response activities in Supply Chain, Merchandising and Store Operations and leads the After Action Reviews post-event and post-storm season.
- Manages the Business Continuity team by providing guidance, continuity, and training to increase skill sets in risk management to deliver timely, meaningful results.
- Provides support, content and reporting to the Lowe’s Crisis Support Team, the Lowe's Crisis Management Team and the Lowe’s Enterprise Resilience Steering Committee.
- Integrates with Planning and Strategy functions to identify risks within the strategy and assist the business in determining mitigation plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Continuity, Risk or Security
- 7+ years of experience in Business Continuity related functions OR
- 10+ years of experience in Risk Management or Business Continuity function in lieu of degree
- Associate Business Continuity Professional, Certified Functional Continuity Professional, Certified Business Continuity Professional, Member Business Continuity Institute, or similar experience
- Certified Six Sigma (Green Belt and above)
- Specific experience with Business Continuity, Crisis Management or Disaster Recovery
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) Certification
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.