Manager AssessmentApply Now Job ID 1168156BR Date posted 03/10/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department Organizational Effectiveness M
The Assessment Manager leads the design, delivery and deployment of validated and legally defensible organizational and individual assessment programs that drive competitive advantage and/or capabilities that result in an effective and efficient workforce and organization, including assessments for purposes of selection, re-organization placement, employee development and team effectiveness. The focus of the Assessment Manager is to prioritize and provide consultative support for assessment initiatives and consulting engagements with departmental and functional leaders across the enterprise in order to support strategic company programs and initiatives. In addition, the Assessment Manager is responsible for establishing blueprint practices regarding job analysis and role definition, employee assessment tool/instrument identification and use, and assessment validation that mitigate risk and maximize
The Assessment Manager is responsible for using best practices to develop the overall strategy and design of assessment and performance management processes and practices. The Assessment Manager must be knowledgeable of current and future organizational design initiatives and talent management needs, develop appropriate strategies, and translate those strategies into actionable, realistic project plans that improve selection, placement, and talent development throughout the enterprise.
Consequently, this role requires deep expertise in assessment and performance management, including related scientific methodology, statistics, and legal standards (e.g., Uniform Employee Selection Guidelines and Principles for the Validation and Use of Personnel Selection Procedures). The Assessment Manager must also have a basic knowledge of a basic knowledge of Organizational Design and Analysis, Succession Management, Career Management, Performance Management, leadership and measurement of human capital initiatives.
This Manager has a broad scope of influence across the organization and collaborates closely with business leaders, HR Business Partners, Legal Counsel and project team members to ensure results that contribute to company success. This Manager must appropriately prioritize the deployment of resources, balance internally designed versus vendor supplied solutions, and recognize when business partners require the Assessment team’s involvement. This Assessment Manager must also develop key internal partnerships to communicate assessment processes and leads the change management related to new processes.
This role supervises 4 Master’s level Consultants and a variety of vendor partners.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· Post Graduate Degree in I/O Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Business Management or a related field of study
· 5-8 years’ experience in assessment design and development.
· 3-5 years’ experience directly supervising others.
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic scientific research methodology and statistics within Assessment design and development.
· Demonstrated strength in problem solving and conceptual thinking skills with acute attention to detail and accuracy.
· Demonstrated strength in project management including planning, execution and follow-through.
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills; experience as a leader that can influence and build productive alliances is critical.
· Excellent written communication.
· Experience interacting with and consulting cross-functionally and with senior business leaders.
· Master’s degree or greater in I/O Psychology, MBA or related area.
· 1+ years working in a retail organization at a corporate level.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We invite you to join our talent communtity — learn about career opportunities, and find out about the latest news and events at Lowe’s.
Looking for (hiring area) or (hiring area) jobs? Lowe's offers a wide range of opportunities for you. Learn more here!
Working hard at Lowe's comes so naturally that it won’t feel like work. Apply today: sm.lowes.com/C4iyqB pic.twitter.com/j3S4gzVznk
Excited about the @MMScomets #Cubist @CityOfMasonOhio mural! Today we are adding @Lowes #workinprogress… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! http://sm.lowes.com/0DoyXg
We are always happy to help schools in any way we can. Read about how we helped Grandview Middle School:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
It's hard to imagine the children of any company's employees having more fun than Lowe's family members did during Thursday's "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day." Hundreds of children participated in activities that went far beyond "shadowing" their mom or dad.
Be part of a team of professionals helping customers create gr8 outdoor spaces. @Lowes Indy #lowesspringhire twitter.com/lowes/status/8…
#NowHiring! Lowe's is looking for Call Center Service Coordinators in Wilkesboro, NC. Apply today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Hardware Department - Full Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017
- Paint Department - Part Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017
- CSA Front End Dayville, Connecticut Posted on: 05/22/2017
- Flooring Department - Full Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017