Manager AccountingApply Now Job ID 1575838BR Date posted 04/10/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0533 - Corporate Accounting Services
The primary purpose of this role is to support our Canadian and Allied business units with all accounting matters and to ensure their accounting policies are aligned with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”). This includes responsibility for financial month-end close processes and the evaluation of significant one time transactions. In addition, this role is responsible for managing accounting activities for acquisition and divestiture activities, including due diligence, purchase price accounting, accounting policy evaluation, and onboarding newly acquired entities/capabilities. This role is also responsible for the Company’s cost and equity method investment portfolio, goodwill and intangibles, and supporting the treasury function with new initiatives (e.g., derivative policies)
• Oversees the close process for certain Canadian and Allied subsidiaries, including P&L, balance sheet and intercompany transactions
• Evaluates and prepares technical memorandums, if necessary, for significant one time transactions applicable to assigned business units.
• Manages implementation of certain significant process changes, integration activity and accounting policy changes working directly with business unit finance/accounting leadership
• Manages accounting related acquisition activities, including due diligence, accounting policy alignment, purchase price accounting, and onboarding of subsidiaries/capabilities.
• Works directly with treasury to develop and implement accounting processes for new initiatives (e.g., derivatives)
• Manages the cost and equity method investment portfolio, as well as impairment analyses for goodwill/intangibles, if applicable
• Ensures financial controls in place are operating effectively and makes improvements where needed; recognizes if procedures are not followed and takes corrective action
• Conducts and approves reviews quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related area with 7+ years' related work experience in public accounting or large publicly traded company in an accounting function.
• Master's Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related area with 5+ years' experience
• Lowe's finance or accounting experience
• Experience working with or in a multi-national company
• Experience with Peoplesoft General Ledger or Hyperion Financial Management
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Giving back to the communities we serve is a huge priority for Lowe’s. The fantastic team in Midland, MI spent time with a local school yesterday... what a great way to build something special! #loweslife #givebacktime #lowesheroes pic.twitter.com/gxNbQm0QhL
#ICYMI, we hosted a #GenerationT kick-off event at a Boston area high school to help bring shop class back to the school and give students hands-on experience learning #tradeskills. Learn more about #GenT here: low.es/2HsBGnj pic.twitter.com/HThfz8CsoY
Our partners at the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (#FLASH), are hosting the #HurricaneAwarenessTour to educates coastal city residents on #hurricanepreparedness. Learn more here: low.es/2Ji1cOa pic.twitter.com/iIW3QIweWM
Lowe's associates still rock their red vests, but our new camo vests make it easy to spot our #militaryveteran employees. Learn more about #LowesLife how we salute our camo-clad employees. #MilitaryAppreciationMonth low.es/2JjCFs5 pic.twitter.com/eHQ5rPDO4Y
Volunteers from Charlotte area @Lowes stores joined @RedCross to install free smoke alarms as part of the #SoundtheAlarm campaign, which we will continue to do in 25 U.S. cities over the next few weeks to help #EndHomeFires. low.es/30gJqjW pic.twitter.com/mDyT0fXXeR
Class is in session at #LowesUniversity. We recently welcomed employees to take part of our week-long Store Manager Learning Experience, to help them grow and gain perspective from Lowe's executive leaders. #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/XpbGPiEZSV
Happy #MothersDay! ❤️ Take some time to make your mom feel special today. What do you love most about your mom? pic.twitter.com/6Ov0uk16Lc
Veteran and Lowe's customer, Joe, transformed pieces and parts into pedals and power. Learn more about how this board tracker enthusiast built a tribute bike with a little help from his friends at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/1Ts2Zz pic.twitter.com/XOPCsofIEm