L&D Bus Relationship Partner
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Directors and Managers of Associate Readiness in understanding the enterprise learning strategy and supporting the development of learning programs for Lowe's associates – corporate, stores, supply chain, contact centers and leadership. The role helps to develop and integrate human resource learning programs for associates to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed organizational objectives and integrate with other HR functions as appropriate. The L&D Business Relationship Partner supports the learning and development demand planning cycle for the appropriate associates in conjunction with business requirements. Supports the design of HR training programs for leaders, managers and associates, including onboarding. This role is responsible for ensuring solutions meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to HR and performance goals, and align with Lowe's business strategies. To accomplish this, the L&D Business Relationship Partner must have knowledge of Lowe's leadership principles/core behaviors, business policies, strategies and operational environment.
• Supports the Directors and Managers of Associate Readiness to coordinate service delivery strategies and processes across the organization. Lead cross-functional projects and ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities within established constraints.
• Leads the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of managers’ and associates’ performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
• Gathers and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to monitor the effectiveness of a portfolio of learning solutions and/or programs
• Engages leaders as teachers and builds strong, collaborative working relationships with HR Business Partners (HRBPs), business leaders, team members, vendors and other key stakeholders
• Coordinates and directs multiple concurrent projects or programs, identifying interdependencies within and across programs
• Consults and provides advice on the learning development process for successful delivery of the learning solution, program, and/or initiative
• Supports a collaborative learning culture that engages employees, managers, and the associate readiness team as partners in building the organizational skill base.
• As required designs, develops, and implements blended learning solutions that address root cause issues to drive business performance
• Establish measurement strategy to ensure learning solutions directly support and can drive positive impacts on business metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Education; Instructional Design; Organizational Development; Human Resources; Learning, Leadership, Business or related field
- 5 year of experience in training delivery and/or instructional design experience required; preferably for a large multi-state and/or global company as a manager.
- 5 years of progressive experience one or more specialty functions of Human Resources, with a significant portion focused on talent management (e.g., employee and/or leadership development, instructional design, training, performance management) and a mix of operational (stores, supply chain and contact center), strategic, and systems thinking experience
- 5 years of experience successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation under time, budget, and political pressure
- Retail experience
- Related industry certifications or credentials- e.g. PMP, PHR, CPT
- Experience with multiple design modalities- e-learning, classroom, virtual, gamification, etc.,
- Experience with instructional design (e.g. ADDIE, SAM)
- Experience facilitating
- Master's Degree in Education; Instructional Design; Organizational Development; Human Resources; Industrial-Organization Psychology; MBA or related field
- 7 years of experience in training delivery and/or instructional design experience required; preferably for a large multi-state and/or global company
- 7 years of experience in progressive experience one or more specialty functions of Human Resources, with a significant portion focused on talent management (e.g., talent acquisition, employee and/or leadership development, instructional design, training, performance management) and a mix of operational, strategic, and systems thinking experience
- 6 years of experience successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation under time, budget, and political pressure
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.