IT Software Engineering ConsultantApply Now Job ID 1374913BR Date posted 04/12/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0275 - IT International & Business De
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of the role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineering Consultant is also responsible for serving as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions. The Software Engineering Consultant provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures and pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
10+ Experience in software development or a related field.
6+ Experience in database technologies
6+ Experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
5+ Experience with Web Services
Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
6+ IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
6+ Experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
5+ Experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
4+ Experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
6+ Experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
6+ Experience working with integration middleware
2+ years of Cloud/Hybrid integration experience.
2+ years of experience in Azure iPaaS or similar iPaaS tools.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Indianapolis, IN? bit.ly/2JlBpAK #Transportation #Hiring
At Lowe’s, we strongly believe that helping our customers love where they live starts with our employees loving where they work. Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/8ffweu pic.twitter.com/R7BoFxpn40
Nicole C., HR Manager at our West Lang, MI store, shares that earning her women in leadership pin was her #bestvestmoment. "This is when I fell in love with our company! If a company would make an investment to develop and encourage women to take leaders
At Lowe's, we celebrate our employees and push them to be the best they can be every single day. Looking to become part of our supportive team? Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: http://sm.lowes.com/8zygwC
RT @LowesMedia: Thank you @2020WOB for recognizing @Lowes as a "W" company for championing gender diversity and having 20% or more of our b…
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2K9E41V #Transportation #SanAntonio, TX #Job #Jobs
We want to congratulate Cynthia on her promotion to Head Cashier! We are so excited to see you succeed and grow in your new role! #bestvestmoment pic.twitter.com/f1lSCEYSfW