IT Software Engineering ConsultantApply Now Job ID 1294977BR Date posted 11/07/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - IT Digital Solutions
Would you like to be a part of a team working on building out a catalog of services utilized across android, iOS, and web in a highly collaborative environment? Do you dream of building performant, nimble solutions leveraging cutting edge technologies like NodeJS to support a site with over 7 million page views per day? Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how you can lower your services response time? If so Lowe's Digital is looking for you!
We are utilizing industry standard tools such as JIRA, Confluence and GIT just to name a few, to collaborate across teams to deliver a seamless customer experience across all of Lowe's digital experiences! At Lowe's we work hard and we play hard, so when we’ve met our commitments, teams can sharpen their ping pong skills in our team lounge, take a walk around our ten acre pond or celebrate with events like our annual "Lake Norman Boat Day". If this sounds exciting to you, Lowe's would like to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the role is to drive Search technologies at Lowe's. This will require the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions implementing performant, scalable program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
This includes responsibility for contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments.
The ideal candidate is…
experienced in Search and open-source technologies and have experience implementing Solr and other search engines. has cultivated a deep understanding of Search and E-Commerce technologies and system architecture is passionate about building high-quality software. is results oriented with an innate ability to imbibe this tenet in the team’s work ethic
The Software Engineering Consultant is also responsible for serving as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions.
The Software Engineering Consultant provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies,and architectures and pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance,Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex,cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies,standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring,training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
10+ years of experience in software development or a related field
6+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development lifestyles (SDLC)
6+ years of experience in database technologies
5+ years of experience with WebServices
Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
6+ years of IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
6+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
5+ years of experience working with SOLR, including powerful full-text search, faceted search, dynamic clustering and database integration.
2+ years of experience working in an Agile team model utilizing workflow and defect tracking software (e.g.,Atlassian toolset -- JIRA)
6+ years of experience working with application and integration middleware X
5+ years of experience leading teams,with or without direct reports
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Do you have management experience in a fast-paced retail environment? We need you as an Assistant Store #Manager.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
See our latest #Mooresville, NC #job and click to apply: Product Content Sr Specialist - bit.ly/2A6razG #BusinessMgmt #Hiring
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Customer Service Associate II - bit.ly/2ySka5o #Retail #Rockford, IL #Job #Jobs
Lowe's needs your help to grow our business by developing and executing breakthrough concepts. Up for the challenge? Apply to be our next Director Market & Concept Development Strategy. http://sm.lowes.com/pouEMC
Want to work in #Wilkesboro, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2yRJAA3 #CustomerService #Job #Jobs #Hiring
Help us discover new business opportunities and breakthrough concepts! Check out this new role:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Lowe's is always searching for fresh talent to become a part of our team. We've got opportunities in a variety of roles. Don't wait to start your career with us today! http://sm.lowes.com/L7JSVs
Want to work in #Danville, KY? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2yQ2s2x #Retail #Job #Jobs #Hiring