IT Software Engineering Consultant- SearchApply Now Job ID 1294977BR Date posted 11/07/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - CX - Mobile & Desktop
Would you like to be a part of a team working on building out a catalog of services utilized across android, iOS, and web in a highly collaborative environment? Do you dream of building performant, nimble solutions leveraging cutting edge technologies like NodeJS to support a site with over 7 million page views per day? Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how you can lower your services response time? If so Lowe's Digital is looking for you!
We are utilizing industry standard tools such as JIRA, Confluence and GIT just to name a few, to collaborate across teams to deliver a seamless customer experience across all of Lowe's digital experiences! At Lowe's we work hard and we play hard, so when we’ve met our commitments, teams can sharpen their ping pong skills in our team lounge, take a walk around our ten acre pond or celebrate with events like our annual "Lake Norman Boat Day". If this sounds exciting to you, Lowe's would like to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the role is to drive Search technologies at Lowe's. This will require the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions implementing performant, scalable program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
This includes responsibility for contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments.
The ideal candidate is…
experienced in Search and open-source technologies and have experience implementing Solr and other search engines. has cultivated a deep understanding of Search and E-Commerce technologies and system architecture is passionate about building high-quality software. is results oriented with an innate ability to imbibe this tenet in the team’s work ethic
The Software Engineering Consultant is also responsible for serving as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions.
The Software Engineering Consultant provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies,and architectures and pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance,Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex,cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies,standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring,training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
10+ years of experience in software development or a related field
6+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development lifestyles (SDLC)
6+ years of experience in database technologies
5+ years of experience with WebServices
Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
6+ years of IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
6+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
5+ years of experience working with SOLR, including powerful full-text search, faceted search, dynamic clustering and database integration.
2+ years of experience working in an Agile team model utilizing workflow and defect tracking software (e.g.,Atlassian toolset -- JIRA)
6+ years of experience working with application and integration middleware X
5+ years of experience leading teams,with or without direct reports
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! http://sm.lowes.com/EUGl0o
This #job might be a great fit for you: $16-$18 Class A CDL Delivery Driver - bit.ly/2GDWE0D #Transportation #FortWorth, TX #Hiring
Join the Lowe's Stores team! See our latest #job opening here: bit.ly/2FQzQts #Transportation #Lexington, KY #Hiring
Did you know that about 200 of our current store managers started as seasonal workers? Click the link in our bio to join our #Lowesfamily!
40% of our seasonal employees have transitioned into permanent part-time and full-time roles since starting at Lowe's. Learn more from our employees about the #opportunities we have available. sm.lowes.com/yevDP7 pic.twitter.com/yehtQU1gfn
If you're looking for work in #Austin, TX, check out this #job: bit.ly/2Gyp6B1 #Transportation #Hiring
1366479BR - HR Analyst 13 HR Business Partner Team jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! sm.lowes.com/t5IFwG pic.twitter.com/p4dHz8m4Le