IT Software Engineer ConsultantApply Now Job ID 1237195BR Date posted 08/01/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - IT Digital Solutions
We are utilizing industry standard tools such as JIRA, Confluence and GIT just to name a few, to collaborate across teams to deliver a seamless customer experience across all of Lowe's digital experiences! At Lowe's we work hard and we play hard, so when we’ve met our commitments, teams can sharpen their ping pong skills in our team lounge, take a walk around our ten acre pond or celebrate with events like our annual"Lake Norman Boat Day". If this sounds exciting to you, Lowe's would like to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the role is to drive Search technologies at Lowe's. This will require the translation of business
requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions implementing performant, scalable program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for contributing to and leveraging the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineering Consultant is also responsible for serving as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions. The Software Engineering Consultant provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures and pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field 10+ Experience in software development or a related field
6+ years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
6+ years experience in database technologies
5+ years experience with Web Services
Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field 6+ IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
6+ years experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
5+ years experience working with SOLR, including powerful full-text search, faceted search, dynamic clustering and database integration.
2+ years experience working in an Agile team model utilizing workflow and defect tracking software (e.g., Atlassian toolset -- JIRA)
6+ years experience working with application and integration middleware
5+ years experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Recent graduates and soon-to-be grads, this one's for you! Our Moorseville, NC, corporate office is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist. If you have the skills and desire to learn, click here to apply now! http://sm.lowes.com/ALrs49
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Senior IT Business Analyst - bit.ly/2xdIIEB #Mooresville, NC #CareerArc
There is still plenty of time to register for the many recruiting events Lowe's will be attending this year! Explore the list of recruiting events and register today! http://sm.lowes.com/wtcGgZ
Our new fulfillment center will bring over 400 new hires next year. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/6bdFa5 pic.twitter.com/B9EPwmM054
Want to work in #Mooresville, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2xaw8WG #SupplyChain #Job #Jobs #Hiring #CareerArc
Someone wants to Chat with me? ! Check my pinned post! twitter.com/Rhelton1/statu…
Our stores and team are always growing, and you have the chance to grow with us! Explore our openings now! http://sm.lowes.com/MOBQsx
When the Lowe's Heroes heard that Hornbeck High School was in desperate need of new cabinets, they jumped at the opportunity to help out! Through donations and volunteering, they were able to help Hornbeck High School install the new cabinets and more. Learn more now: http://sm.lowes.com/qmrnx5