IT Software Eng - EcomApply Now Job ID 1219504BR Date posted 06/20/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - IT Digital Solutions
The Sr. Web Development Engineer is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions.
The Sr. Web Development Engineer will lead technology teams to build and maintain web applications using the combination of a Node.js and Adobe Web Experience Management (WEM) platform. This includes, but is not limited to, designing and developing custom components, workflows, implementation strategies and unit testing.
The Sr. Web Development Engineer will also have primary responsibility working with multiple customer facing digital properties to create, build and maintain the user interface for desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
To accomplish this, the Sr. Web Development Engineer must have an in-depth knowledge of web standards established by the World-Wide Web (WC3) Consortium, Model, View, Controller (MVC) methodologies, SDLC practices and principles as well as applicable frameworks and JSP and JSTL architecture.
The Sr. Web Development Engineer will collaborate directly with User Interface (UI) Architects, IT Solutions Analysts and Service Integration teams in order to build and maintain customer-focused solutions and experiences.
Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications;
Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls; estimating resource requirements for technical design, coding, and testing efforts; developing production application support plans, schedules, and assignments; managing multiple, concurrent deadlines and schedules; reviewing and approving team deliverables; delivering status reports; identifying, tracking, and mitigating project risks as appropriate; developing, monitoring, and reporting metrics to promote operational health
Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; seeking performance feedback; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 5+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 3+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 4+ years of experience in database technologies
• Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (such as Hapi.js or React.js, etc.)
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Handlebars, etc.)
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (Less or SASS, etc.)
• Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or Stash
• Ability to analyze customer needs and define strategies for meeting needs.
• Demonstrated ability to understand marketing objectives and develop interfaces for websites to achieve them.
• Experience with test driven development (TDD) and lean programming practices.
• In-depth knowledge of SLDC practices and foundational principles
• Experience working in a collaborative environment with designers, developers, writers, and cross functional teams
• Strong communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively with diverse set of people
• Ability to manage multiple projects in market-driven, retail creative environment
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5-7+ years of Web application development experience with at least 3+ years of design and development experience in Adobe CQ5.6 and above
• Solid experience with CQ5 building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and CQ5 development and deployment process using Maven
• In-depth knowledge of CQ5 foundation components, CRX repository, JCR, Apache Sling, and OSGi
• Experience integrating Adobe Search and Promote and SiteCatalyst web analytics tool with CQ5
• Good development experience using any JCR based WCM products.
• Mobile website development using Adobe CQ 5.6
• Knowledge and experience with various build methods and tools: (e.g. Bamboo, Maven)
• Proficiency in more than one scripting languages (ie. Unix shell scripting, Grails, Ruby, and/or Python)
• Experience with automating build release processes
• Experience with automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting to multiple environments as well as Production Support
• 4+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
• 4+ years of experience working with source code control systems
• 4+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 4+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 4+ years of experience with Web Services
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! sm.lowes.com/pJyUSH pic.twitter.com/DMQivT6sid
Apply now for the chance to be a part of the Lowe's team! sm.lowes.com/CCaFnX pic.twitter.com/1Gjad2Swzk
We are hiring people just like you! Apply for the opportunity to join the Lowe's team now. http://sm.lowes.com/P0CiwV
When we hired #AirForce veteran Clay Luthy, he came with a furry bonus. sm.lowes.com/EKiLZ3 pic.twitter.com/w1zniAwOK9
Huge thx to @Lowes Robinson, PA for sending #LowesHeroes to our community garden in the Manchester Neighborhood! #plantinghope #TakeABreak
Thx @Lowes Robinson, PA for sending #LowesHeroes to our community garden. Special thx Todd Bucci & Matt Rutkauskas #plantinghope #TakeABreak
Jackie Downer is still going strong at 90 years old. Read her amazing story here: sm.lowes.com/2SkPJ8 pic.twitter.com/9Dn7BQAD9g
While other companies turned Air Force veteran Clay Luthy away because of his service dog, Charlotte, we stepped up and brought him and Charlotte on board. http://sm.lowes.com/AS89DY