IT Infrastructure Operational Engineer IIApply Now Job ID 1603812BR Date posted 06/08/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name Mooresville, NC Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0054 - IT Store Mobility Systems
• Provide consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
• Collaborate with IT business partners, solutions, and enterprise architects to help define and understand target strategies.
• Evaluate new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and makes recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
• Translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support. integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
• Collaborate with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs.
• Write, review, and validate clear technical specifications and documentation.
• Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
• Develop and validate system design prototypes.
• Build hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure.
• Develop, validate, and execute hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications.
• Support systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Lead the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field with 6+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• VMWare Workspace One (AirWatch)
• Management and support skills in a large corporate enterprise consisting of 100,000+ endpoints consisting of iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices
• Large scale deployment of mobile devices to corporate and field users
• Scripting ability in at least one of the following languages – Java, ASP .Net, C#, Powershell, TSQL
• General Active Directory/GPO knowledge
• General networking and firewall knowledge
• Managing lifecycle for Zebra TC51 mobile devices.This includes Operating System and firmware updates
• Managing lifecycle for VMWare Workspace One mobile device management platform Including coordinating system upgrades and patches with cross functional teams; QA, Operations, Service Desk and Engineers.
• Creation of documentation for procedures to upgrade devices and systems for remote teams.
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field with 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• Zebra mobile device experience – TC51, StageNOW
• Android Enterprise Device Owner, Multi-user experience
• Workspace One Intelligence reporting tool proficiency or equivalent advanced SQL reporting skill
• Workspace One Advanced Remote Management tool experience
• 2+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
As a company with a long-standing commitment to the military, we wanted to honor @USArmy's 244th birthday properly - with cake and camaraderie. We're eternally grateful for your service and sacrifice. #ArmyStrong #ArmyBday low.es/2IETDzD pic.twitter.com/1MNEo1SyGB
We are excited to unveil #TheTalentHub, a new recruiting center at our headquarters in Mooresville designed to enhance the #CandidateExperience for current and future talent. Take a look inside our new space: bit.ly/2IGz7yI pic.twitter.com/F051aK9NXg
Lowe’s is investing in new technology and new ways to use it in our stores, online and across our entire company. Recently, we joined forces with @GoogleCloud in Charlotte, NC for #CloudDevelopersDay. Take a look at highlights from the event. pic.twitter.com/sA5DPsP6GN
“I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” Welcome to #LowesLife! #LowesIntern19 @EastCarolina #PirateNation low.es/2UlgJhk pic.twitter.com/TAthYuD4y8
Lowe's 10-year partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America continues with #RennovationAcrosstheNation2019, an initiative to repair and refurbish clubs nationwide! Learn more here: low.es/2In9Jhc pic.twitter.com/a0eCPBvlXT
Lowe’s Heroes volunteers respond to tornadoes, flooding across Midwest ow.ly/LEVf30oXCRK #LowesHeroes #LowesLife #Community pic.twitter.com/fTuDzzMf1x
Our store operations intern, Lauren, is ready to rock this summer. “I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” #LowesIntern19 https://low.es/2UlgJhk
After a year of service in Afghanistan, Lowe's welcomed David Nelson, a 19-year associate, back to our team with a special reception. Welcome home, David! #LowesLife bit.ly/2KE4co5 pic.twitter.com/AHZLjV6uam