PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems. This includes responsibility for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems and also developing or modifying infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments and supporting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by collaborating with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Provides recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for infrastructure systems designs
• Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs
• Writes and reviews clear technical specifications and documentation
• Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments by identifying technical solutions to business problems
• Develops and validates system design prototypes
• Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure
• Develops, validates, and executes hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications, working with IT teams to revise infrastructure systems based on test results as appropriate
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Provides support for functionality tests as needed, working with IT teams to revise key system components based on test results as appropriate
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
• Provides post-implementation support to make system enhancements
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 2+ year(s) of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with cross functional teams.
• 2 + years of understanding of PC software, tools and agents, e.g., Office Suite, Anti-virus, SCCM, Active Directory, etc.
• 2+ years of understanding of Intel workstation hardware and operating systems.
• 2+ years of experience using SCCM to deploy and monitor packages and to maintain distributed PC’s.
• 2+ years of understanding of PC workstation image build technologies including OSD, MDT and Powershell scripting.
• 2+ years of Infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas including networking, databases and storage
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization, retail preferred.
• 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.