IT Infrastructure Engineer IApply Now Job ID 1486209BR Date posted 11/08/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0233 - IT Operations Command Center
**** This is a day shift position with the following work hours: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM. ****
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems. This includes responsibility for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems and also developing or modifying infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments and supporting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by collaborating with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Provides recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for infrastructure systems designs
• Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs
• Writes and reviews clear technical specifications and documentation
• Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments by identifying technical solutions to business problems
• Develops and validates system design prototypes
• Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure
• Develops, validates, and executes hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications, working with IT teams to revise infrastructure systems based on test results as appropriate
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Provides support for functionality tests as needed, working with IT teams to revise key system components based on test results as appropriate
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
• Provides post-implementation support to make system enhancements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years in experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
PREFER RED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years in experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• 1+ year in work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 2+ years in experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years in experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 2+ years in IT experience in the retail industry
• 2+ years in experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 1+ years of experience working with network diagnostic and management tools.
• 1+ years experience in the configuration and management network routers and switches.
• 1+ years experience in firewall and/or security platform design and implementation.
• 1+ years experience working with load balancing technologies.
• 1+ years experience in the design and implementation of IP services, DNS, and/or DHCP solutions.
• 1+ years experience in the design and implementation of VOIP, call center technologies, and or PBX solutions.
Lowe ’ s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Hear from Kimberly Graham on how Lowe's was able to support her during her two deployments. #veterans #militarysupport #loweslife pic.twitter.com/xxF5wlfkcc
For Veteran Rick Adams, being a part of a company that supports and honors those who have served means a lot to him. #veterans #militarysupport #loweslife pic.twitter.com/3kDoEkCex0
Lowe's is proud of its long history of honoring servicemen and women. We want to wish all those that have served a happy Veterans day! #veteransday pic.twitter.com/wOZ0tNLrUC
We recently appointed Seemantini Godbole as Chief Information Officer! She brings more than 25 years of global #technology experience and we can't wait to see the impact she makes on the organization. Learn more about Godbole here: sm.lowes.com/VB8ZZf pic.twitter.com/IA3IQYkmZR
Our employees set up a booth at the Home Builders Association first annual Build My Future job fair. Almost 1,000 high school students made their way to our booth getting hands on experience in different fields of the construction industry. Learn more here: http://sm.lowes.com/LJV8oC