IT Info Mgmt AnalystApply Now Job ID 1236796BR Date posted 08/01/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0731 - IT MDM & MCTC
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to support key projects associated with providing timely, useable and compliant information in order to enable Omni-channel selling and seamless customer experiences. This includes responsibility for leveraging industry technology to understand and support customer needs and business goals, as they relate to Information Management. This role maintains quality content and integrates information from vendors to produce data that meets business and customer needs.
Establishing Product Taxonomy / Hierarchy
• Manages projects regarding updating PSSAs and taxonomies for product data in collaboration with lowes.com, Merchandising, store systems, etc.
• Manages the Product Specific Selling Attributes (PSSA) templates and controlled vocabulary
• Researches, designs, implements, and monitors the dynamic taxonomy / ontology architecture for all product hierarchies
• Provides daily project management and monitoring for all controlled product vocabulary.
• Researches and designs product level data schemas (leveraging benchmarking, technology requirements, metadata standards, etc.) and product taxonomies
• Facilitates product specific selling attribute development meetings and collaborative reviews between merchandising, lowes.com, vendors, services, etc.
• Serves as the primary quality control analyst for all product-level marketing data schemas (PSSAs)
• Ensures the product specific attributes and controlled vocabulary align to product domain and enterprise Standards
• Utilizes the product information management tool to update to revise the product taxonomy, attributes and values
• Assists in designing and driving continuous improvement processes in product hierarchy management.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to help define the data and content to collect regarding product data
• Gathers input from Lowe’s Business Users to develop best in class models, needs and uses across the company
• Provides input regarding standards or processes involving product attribute hierarchy to the Strategy, Standards, and Solutions team
• Contributes to enterprise metadata, governance programs and data standards by collaborating with MDCM Leadership, Taxonomy Community of Practice, and other stakeholders.
• Works cross-functionally to manage and organize work processes and ensure most efficient work flow
• Supports a collaborative environment by working in a team of peers to solve problems and shares information with peers, manager, and customers as appropriate
• Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations, looks for ways to improve their experience, while creating a seamless experience by understanding how the Analyst, Product Taxonomy and Hierarchy role, team goals, and daily activities fit into the company vision
• Drives for results by consistently achieving goals and pushing to complete tasks by their deadlines
• Functions as the Master Data business solution SME on product taxonomy and raise any business issues, risks or concerns where appropriate
• Identifies and develops creative solutions and workarounds where applicable in terms of the business solution decisions
• Collaborates with key stakeholders (e.g., lowes.com, Taxonomy, Services) on key requirements and oversee key projects associated with complex data requirements.
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field of product taxonomy and hierarchy management
• Organizes resources to complete multiple business objectives focused on the organization’s strategy
• N egotiates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to management, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
• Stays current with industry trends related to product data attribute management
• Solves tactical problems using problem solving tools and techniques to generate fact-based solutions
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
2+ years of experience managing data content, business processes or managing vendor relationships
1+ years of experience in Retail or Merchandising
5+ years of experience managing data content, business processes or managing vendor relationships in retail, merchandising, or cross-functional corporate environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Recent graduates and soon-to-be grads, this one's for you! Our Moorseville, NC, corporate office is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist. If you have the skills and desire to learn, click here to apply now! http://sm.lowes.com/ALrs49
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Senior IT Business Analyst - bit.ly/2xdIIEB #Mooresville, NC #CareerArc
There is still plenty of time to register for the many recruiting events Lowe's will be attending this year! Explore the list of recruiting events and register today! http://sm.lowes.com/wtcGgZ
Our new fulfillment center will bring over 400 new hires next year. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/6bdFa5 pic.twitter.com/B9EPwmM054
Want to work in #Mooresville, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2xaw8WG #SupplyChain #Job #Jobs #Hiring #CareerArc
Someone wants to Chat with me? ! Check my pinned post! twitter.com/Rhelton1/statu…
Our stores and team are always growing, and you have the chance to grow with us! Explore our openings now! http://sm.lowes.com/MOBQsx
When the Lowe's Heroes heard that Hornbeck High School was in desperate need of new cabinets, they jumped at the opportunity to help out! Through donations and volunteering, they were able to help Hornbeck High School install the new cabinets and more. Learn more now: http://sm.lowes.com/qmrnx5