IT Associate Infrastructure EngineerApply Now Job ID 1606224BR Date posted 06/08/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name Mooresville, NC Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0054 - IT Store Mobility Systems
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems. This includes responsibility for providing input on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems with guidance from senior team members.
• Provides input on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems with guidance from senior team members by assisting in the assessment of the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities as directed
• Assists in the evaluation of new service options, identification of issues and impacts, and recommendations regarding feasibility and ROI
• Assists in the evaluation of existing systems to inform recommendations on resources required to maintain or expand service levels
• Assists in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems with guidance from senior colleagues by attending meetings with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Works with architects and software engineers as directed to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable system designs
• Assists in writing clear technical specifications and documentation
• Assists in the modification or enhancement of existing infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments with guidance from senior colleagues by assisting in the identification of technical solutions to business problems
• Assists with the development of system design prototypes
• Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) with guidance from senior colleagues by providing insight to testing teams to support the development of test plans
• Assists in the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by assisting in the development and documentation of detailed processes and procedures for the introduction and maintenance of services
• Participates in all system development lifecycle phases with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by developing an understanding of company methodology, policies, standards, and internal and external controls
• Mobile Device configuration for field and corporate use – specifically focused on Zebra TC51. Use cases include production use, QA, Test, Operations, IT Service Desk.
• Troubleshooting and support of Zebra TC51 rugged handhelds including managing Remedy/Service Now tickets as an intermediary between help desk and engineers.
• Setup, troubleshooting and support of Zebra mobile printers.
• Setup, troubleshooting and support of Apple iPads.
• Ability to work with third-party vendors to replace broken devices in the field as needed.
• Travel to Lowe’s stores to aid in the deployment or troubleshooting of mobile handhelds and printers
• Asset Reconciliation and Trend Reporting of mobile device lifecycle and swap rate.
• Documentation of process and procedures to manage mobile devices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
2 years Comparable experience
1+ year(s) Experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
As a company with a long-standing commitment to the military, we wanted to honor @USArmy's 244th birthday properly - with cake and camaraderie. We're eternally grateful for your service and sacrifice. #ArmyStrong #ArmyBday low.es/2IETDzD pic.twitter.com/1MNEo1SyGB
We are excited to unveil #TheTalentHub, a new recruiting center at our headquarters in Mooresville designed to enhance the #CandidateExperience for current and future talent. Take a look inside our new space: bit.ly/2IGz7yI pic.twitter.com/F051aK9NXg
Lowe’s is investing in new technology and new ways to use it in our stores, online and across our entire company. Recently, we joined forces with @GoogleCloud in Charlotte, NC for #CloudDevelopersDay. Take a look at highlights from the event. pic.twitter.com/sA5DPsP6GN
“I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” Welcome to #LowesLife! #LowesIntern19 @EastCarolina #PirateNation low.es/2UlgJhk pic.twitter.com/TAthYuD4y8
Lowe's 10-year partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America continues with #RennovationAcrosstheNation2019, an initiative to repair and refurbish clubs nationwide! Learn more here: low.es/2In9Jhc pic.twitter.com/a0eCPBvlXT
Lowe’s Heroes volunteers respond to tornadoes, flooding across Midwest ow.ly/LEVf30oXCRK #LowesHeroes #LowesLife #Community pic.twitter.com/fTuDzzMf1x
Our store operations intern, Lauren, is ready to rock this summer. “I am excited about joining a community filled with diversity, values, and high goals to attain for myself and the company as a whole.” #LowesIntern19 https://low.es/2UlgJhk
After a year of service in Afghanistan, Lowe's welcomed David Nelson, a 19-year associate, back to our team with a special reception. Welcome home, David! #LowesLife bit.ly/2KE4co5 pic.twitter.com/AHZLjV6uam