HR Project LeadApply Now Job ID 1620115BR Date posted 07/05/2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Location Name Mooresville, NC (SSC) Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Associate Learning & Developme
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible to lead, support, and facilitate the delivery of Skills Trades workforce development programs, Generation T and Track to the Trades, and projects ranging from small, single-channel projects to large, complex, multi-channel programs. The HR Project Lead is responsible for developing and managing the execution of project/program plans, schedules, status reporting, and capacity forecasts while controlling and mitigating project risks to ensure successful implementation.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Trade Skills and Learning Innovation, this role requires someone with the ability to coordinate with numerous external organizations. These organizations need to be managed to ensure that the strategies are being executed consistently. A must: A keen eye for getting business results from workforce, community relation and innovative learning strategies.
- Partners with internal HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion Learning & Development, Compensation and Employee Relations to address issues and develop comprehensive strategies at the organizational level.
- Coordinates with the external collective known as Generation T--a Lowe's led workforce development movement that tries to re-brand and rebuild the trades across the U.S.
- Completes business case review to ensure project value proposition addresses root cause and aligns to overall HR strategies
- Develops, analyzes, and manages all touch points of project plans including responsibility for scheduling kick-off meetings and status updates, budget forecasting, communicating with creative and channel teams and providing justification for costs and budget impact.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Store HR as business lead providing overall requirements and necessary authorizations
- In partnership with Release Management, oversee the management and mitigation of risk for HR projects. Ensures contingency plans are established and deployed as appropriate; removing obstacles; anticipating and providing guidance around dependencies affected by ongoing project changes.
- In partnership with the Release Management, monitors the overall project performance (timeline, budget, and resource utilization) against plan and makes adjustments as needed when issues are identified and require resolution.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by gaining cross-functional support for plans, obtaining and distributing resources, setting standards and measuring progress. Identifies process gaps as necessary and develops steps to close those gaps.
- Reviews and/or prepares status reports on key project performance metrics (i.e. deliverables, financials, duration, benefits) and/or provides data input for report preparation to Field Directors.
- Acts as a resource for channel owners as they execute plans across channels. Identifies priority messages, ensures details needed are provided by the Marketing Leads and confirms direction as needed.
- Acts as a resource for creative delivery team as they develop and build creative assets. Identifies key creative messages and ensures assets are delivered on brand.
- Drives project initiatives, aligned with the Sr. Director, based on merchandising, store, pro, IT, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent Acquisition and community relation strategies. Must have a keen understand of these strategies to rally stores and strategic partnership leadership.
- Benchmark with other top learning and workforce development organizations in retail and home improvement.
- Partner with trade skills team to deliver robust skilled trades immersions and events in key strategic markets.
- Integrate potential learning strategies with schools, high school partners and nonprofits that Lowe’s is learning from its associate relations’ team.
- Understands that this is a highly external-facing role, comfortable with developing making decisions that can further the Lowe’s workforce development strategies, while consulting Sr. Director.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 to 6 years experience working with workforce development, nonprofit development, talent acquisition, HR business partnership or partnership development with community partners. This involves the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management).
- 2+ years’ experience leading multiple complex workstreams, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Background in community relations, merchandising and human resources relations. Has a knack for getting business results from community outreach
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav