HR Analytics - Data ScientistApply Now Job ID 1537971BR Date posted 02/08/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0131 - Reporting & Analytics
The primary purpose of this role is to support all the data needs of the HR Data & Analytics team. This includes responsibility or extracting, importing, and linking data from various database sources as well as different areas of the company to create, automate and produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports, utilizing professional formatting to support all levels of management.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Data & Analytics group on Excel, Access, and various ETL tools to create reports, manage dashboards, and automate data feeds from various database sources (SQL Server, Teradata, Peoplesoft, Kenexa, and Kronos).
- Documents data analytics models, processes, and training for the team on the use of these systems and tools.
- Constructs office (VBA based) applications and work process tools using available technology such as MS Access, Excel, etc. to satisfy business process improvements.
- Establishes processes and procedures for Workforce Analytics specific to data management, extraction, technology strategy, data solutions creation, data sourcing, architecture, standards development and governance, privacy, and process development.
- Offers perspective on the use of “Big Data” concepts including ETL tools, data processing (hadoop) and programming (Python and R).
- Conducts deep and sophisticated analytics to provide thought leadership and capabilities to ameliorate the toughest Workforce Analytics problems.
- Trains other teams within the organization on basic statistical thinking and methods.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources to maintain databases/data systems, and to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Cleans up data sets and reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATON / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 6+ years IT experience including 3 years business intelligence / data warehouse applications, reporting solutions, and/or dashboard experience.
- 6+ years Knowledge of Business Intelligence standards and best practices
- 6+ years experience writing SQL for querying a database
- 6+ years technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- 6+ years knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- 6+ years knowledge of automation of MS Office products through the use of VBA
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 4+ years IT experience including 3 years business intelligence / data warehouse applications, reporting solutions, and/or dashboard experience.
- 4+ years Knowledge of Business Intelligence standards and best practices
- 4+ years experience writing SQL for querying a database
- 4+ years technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- 4+ years knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- 4+ years knowledge of automation of MS Office products through the use of VBA
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Past experience working in Big Data, SAS and/or Alteryx
- Experience with Web Services Standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
RT @Lowes: Lowe's is proud to offer 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
Thank you to all the students who came out! Learn more about our student events here: low.es/2XktrQq 👩🎓👨🎓
When Lowe's heard that Michigan resident Danny Newland's snowblower had been stolen, we knew we had to replace it. It was a snow brainer! Learn more about the story here: sm.lowes.com/LiGeaP
Transitioning from the military can be daunting. Lowe's Executive Vice President, Joe McFarland, knows from first-hand experience. Read this Q&A with him and learn how he made the most of his transition: sm.lowes.com/XLpfsW #TransitioningVeterans #MilitaryHiring pic.twitter.com/j1dc2mhdtJ
A seasonal position at Lowe's can blossom into a rewarding, full-time career. Join our team this #SpringHire season! 🌸 Discover available roles here: sm.lowes.com/irOsUV pic.twitter.com/S6ESJJy509
No winter blues here. Our team in Lowell, MA is all smiles! Discover how you can join the team here: sm.lowes.com/5dykWe #SpringHire pic.twitter.com/Ez8a4hhOhC
Whether you're a rookie or veteran employee, there's room to grow at Lowe's. Discover fresh #SpringHire opportunities and join our team here: sm.lowes.com/SLGeyK pic.twitter.com/XLJpPZxd2i
It's raining cats and jobs! Say hello to Lola, our feline friend in Sulphur Springs, TX. Get a red vest like hers by joining our team right meow! 🐱 #SpringHire #SulphurSprings #Texashttp://sm.lowes.com/3HRNzX pic.twitter.com/Qfid5TmyUO