Exadata Database Machine Administrator
This position is for an Oracle Exadata Database Machine Administrator. This is a permanent role as a technical leader working with a variety of internal teams to establish best practices, analyze database structures, train, lead other database administrators, resolve complex database performance and tuning objectives, establish and ensure security, capacity planning and implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability of databases.
The ideal candidate has expert knowledge of Oracle Exadata engineered systems, including Oracle Enterprise Linux, as well as knowledge of Oracle relational databases, logical modeling and data warehousing. Strong communication skills with the ability to present to a wide variety of technical audiences as well as the ability to lead and mentor others is required.
Summary of the required skills:
• Establish performance tuning and analysis as well as best practices for the different Oracle environments residing on Exadata Linux systems, RAC environments, as well as consolidated environments running multiple database applications against the same Exadata system.
• Establish and execute process for ongoing performance analysis to help identify any anomalies in performance or resource consumption.
• Mentor and train other database administrators regarding the performance tuning, analysis and capacity planning areas.
The Infrastructure Engineer III is primarily responsible for providing consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems. This individual translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems.
The Infrastructure Engineer III is also responsible for developing or modifying infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments and for supporting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT).
The Infrastructure Engineer III leads the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation. An individual in this role also participates in all system development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
Essential and Core Responsibilities:
The individual would be required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Experience with patching Exadata machines.
• Experience with upgrading Exadata machines.
• Experience in remediating hardware failures with Exadata machines.
• Review physical database structures using complex technical skills based on physical design for development, test, and production environments.
• Responsible for complex database performance tuning, security, database backup/recovery strategy, and implementing monitoring procedures to maximize availability of the Exadata system including any databases.
• Mentoring and training of other database administrators, managing task assignments for associate database administrators, reviewing work and providing input to Manager.
• Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database, while meeting defined targets.
• Provide consultation to application development teams on DBMS product technical issues, techniques and SQL review.
• Coordinate with system engineers to configure servers for DBMS product installation and complex database creation.
• Configure and maintain DBMS product software on complex database and application servers.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 6+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. 12+ years of relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports
• 8+ years of DBA experience with Oracle on UNIX Platforms
• Very strong skills in performance tuning and analysis with the ability to identify performance issues, bottlenecks or potential issues especially in the Exadata space is a critical to being successful in this role.
• Oracle 12cR2 is required along with RAC, ADG and Exadata systems.
• Experience with OEM 13c.
• Experience working with consolidated database environments and understand the challenges and benefits of consolidating application databases. Experience in other technologies such as GoldenGate is preferred.
• Expert UNIX scripting is a plus.
• Expert knowledge of database platforms and strong leadership skills are required to help drive the implementation and support of high priority and complex enterprise systems.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• Oracle Exadata Certification
• System Administrative Certifications (Linux)
• 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• 2+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 3+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 3+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.