PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Finance Director is to provide leadership to the US retail operations group in translating both strategic and business planning assumptions into financial outcomes. This role also develops and communicates financial insights, measures of success, and ensures data driven decision making. This includes responsibility for regular and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, measurement scorecards, identifying and mitigating risks and managing a team of professionals. This role partners with US retail operations divisional leadership to drive business value creation through financial and business leadership.
• Provides leadership to the US Operations business and leverages specialized knowledge within Finance to identify areas of opportunity and risk, leading to financial recommendations to executive management
• Leverages the Financial Centers of Expertise to provide financial insights to aid in decision making, identification of financial risks and opportunities and analysis of performance drivers.
• Provides the financial consolidated point of view of the business strategy as it integrates into the overall run the business activities highlighting risks/opportunities and provides input on recommendations to address.
• Directs the analysis and preparation of certain deliverables for senior management and the Board of Directors relating to the portfolio, long-range plan and annual operating plan, linking strategy and intent to financial outcomes and measures of success. May communicate deliverables to senior management.
• Oversees the financial planning and forecasting processes for the senior management of the business, leveraging the appropriate data elements for markets and industries to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives.
• Leads and develops a team to ensure financial best practices are implemented and followed, financials results are accurately recorded, reported and analyzed to identify insights for decision making. Creates a culture of risk intelligence and identification of success measures aimed at driving enterprise execution.
• Consults with the senior financial leadership, as needed, when discussing key impacts related to the long-term strategy; maintains responsibility for strategy focused on one to three-year horizon.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other quantitative field AND 8+ years of experience in a finance or analytical role
• 3+ years of experience directly leading others
• 5+ years of experience in strategic financial modeling and analysis
• Master's Degree OR MBA OR CPA OR CFA AND 8+ years of experience in a finance or analytical role
• 7+ years of experience in financial analysis, accounting, modeling and strategy consulting for business
• 7+ years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
• 5+ years demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Excellent Relocation Assistance Provided to those who qualify!
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.