Director Market & Concept Development StrategyApply Now Job ID 1206748BR Date posted 05/23/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0072 - Enterprise Strategy Mgmt
The primary purpose of this role is to develop & execute breakthrough concepts that align with Lowe's strategic plan by synthesizing consumer needs, defining new opportunities, designing concepts & partnerships, launching new business models and actively assessing the emerging businesses to ensure intent is realized. This includes responsibility for defining target segmentation, competitive positioning, test and learn objectives, and meeting growth plans. This role is critical to Lowe's as it focuses on developing differentiated offerings and experiences that help customers love where they live.
• Identifies and evaluates breakthrough, innovative opportunities for business growth and develops a clear plan for execution; ensures alignment with the corporate strategy and objectives for the retail & services sector
• Leverages customer & associate inputs to shape & reshape the design, offering & operations of their initiatives.
• Drives the prioritization, development and realization of the overall Business Development plan; obtains, organizes, and aligns external and internal resources needed to support execution
• Creates programs and partnerships within selected segments of the retail & services sector; focuses the business unit on the needs of the customer and sets goals that strive to exceed the customer's expectations
• Ensures that any new concept meets the evolving needs of the organization, through continual innovation, evaluation, and execution
• Coordinates the efforts of marketing, design, and production to test and develop new products
• Delivers positively to measures of success for the business unit and company by maintaining strong alignment and a clear focus on the bottom line whilst recognizing the key business drivers
• Provides feedback from initiative for incorporation into Lowe's overall strategy
• Stays current with industry trends related to the omni-channel retail space and focuses on how these trends can influence and feed back into the Company to support both the Business Development and overall company strategy
• Defines clear business cases based on bottom line results to drive priorities and thinking, as well as provides employees a direct line of sight as to how they affect the business
·Bachelor's Degree in any related field
·8 years experience Experience in Consulting, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Digital retail/services roles with at least 2 years working directly with executive management teams
·Experience in developing and growing a business from inception to profitability
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Hear more about how a Sudanese refugee found a new life at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/7xPjSe pic.twitter.com/jzsDkUslQV
Looking to improve your DIY home improvement skills? Lowe's Upskill Project is offering free home improvement workshops in communities across the country. Discover more here: http://sm.lowes.com/IRB2Mr
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Mooresville, NC? bit.ly/2y72SEE #IT #Hiring
Interested in a career with Lowe’s? Make sure you stop by our booth at the National Black MBA Association and 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition from September 26-30. http://sm.lowes.com/UWqJfh
Learn more about the Lowe's team at the #NBMBAA and #Prospanica 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition! #LowesLife… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Producer - bit.ly/2goYqWC #Mooresville, NC #Hiring