Director, IT SolutionsApply Now Job ID 1269093BR Date posted 09/20/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0665 - International & Allied Mgmt
The Director, IT Solutions for the Atlas Program is also responsible for directing and overseeing technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. In addition, this role is responsible for directing team(s) through all software development lifecycle phases by ensuring that teams understand and adhere to company methodology, policies, standards, and controls
To accomplish this, the Director, IT Solutions for the Atlas Program must have knowledge of application design and implementation, software development lifecycle methodologies, and IT Industry trends.
The Director, IT Solutions for the Atlas Program works closely with business leaders and across IT teams in order to ensure the delivery and performance of business solutions.
• Directs and oversees technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and solutions by building and maintaining partnerships with all IT functions to ensure team members understand business needs and functional specifications; fostering team interactions with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; serving as an escalation point for complex or unresolved issues related to requirements translation; providing expert advice to others within the organization
• Oversees the management of multiple application portfolios and/or provides resources in support of those portfolios by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts), vendors, and business leaders to ensure adherence of written code to company standards; providing insight and guidance, and resolving escalated issues throughout the application development, implementation, and support lifecycle; ensuring collaboration and alignment across peer group, considering enterprise implications to cross-functional portfolio complexities and decisions made in each area
• Maintains and supports assigned portfolios by directing a service delivery team responsible for an IT domain of business services; providing rapid response and restoration of production services issues including problem resolution and root cause analysis/remediation; establishing and managing service level agreements for services supported in collaboration with business partners; providing metrics necessary to measure the performance of the established Operating and Service Level Agreements; assuring that new or changed service meets the requirements of established Service Level Agreements; overseeing and ensuring that respective portfolios are Peak Season ready; translating business demand signals into application capacity requirements; ensuring projected application capacity requirements are met
• Leads team(s) through all IT solution development phases by ensuring teams understand and adhere to company methodology, policies, standards, and controls; ensuring team members are trained in SDLC methodologies, models, and processes; reviewing and verifying resource estimates for technical design, coding, and testing efforts; overseeing the development of and ensuring adherence to production application support plans, schedules, and assignments; building and maintaining relationships with key vendor partners; overseeing the review and approval process for team deliverables; anticipating and mitigating application risks; reviewing and leveraging key metrics to promote operational health
• Provides insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy for health and care of assigned portfolio assets by identifying and maintaining IT and business-level service attributes for each asset; leveraging service-level attributes to perform asset assessments; determining where reasonable returns on investment (ROI) can be made in terms of asset health
• Facilitates and fosters relationships between business and IT functions by serving as the first-point of contact for the business on new opportunities from idea generation to solving day to day issues; understanding the long-term business strategy and determining where technology can be used to create and accelerate business value; building strong relationships at each level from Manager/Director to EVP, ensuring that IT is enabling business value wherever technology plays a role; participating in strategic business planning efforts to educate and consult on technology enablement; representing IT in business staff meetings; communicating business priorities across IT, facilitating alignment; navigating the business through governance processes
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field and 10+ years of experience in corporate management, project management, IT consulting, or related field (Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.)
• 5+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 5+ years of experience managing operational and/or project financial budgets
• 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams
• 5+ years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 4+ years of experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization
• 3+ years of IT experience managing the development, implementation, and integration of multiple and/or complex business systems within an organization
• 4+ years of experience working with third party IT vendor and/or software solution provider leadership
• 3+ years IT management experience in the retail industry
• 3+ years IT consulting experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
If you're looking for work in #Louisville, KY, check out this #job: bit.ly/2tHNvBt #Transportation #Hiring
RT @MarcusClarkus: Yes, #NSBE44 Lowe's is looking for Industrial Engineers, check out this job: jobs.lowes.com/job/rockford/c… #NSBE #LowesLife
Help us bring spring to life. Join us as our next Sales Specialist. #lowesspringhire http://sm.lowes.com/ZL34FI
#DYK nearly 200 of our current Store Managers started as seasonal hires? Your opportunity with Lowe's awaits. See more here: bit.ly/2FOolqg pic.twitter.com/aY4jXOQKTd
At Lowe's, we care about creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our team! #LowesLife sm.lowes.com/8ISsXN
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2u65uSg #Transportation #Kyle, TX
Why Lowe's? Because we are driven by helping people love where they live and creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our Lowe's family today: http://sm.lowes.com/AwuTvt
“I am a proud Lowe’s employee. Lowe’s afforded me the opportunity to complete college and continue to reach my dreams.” This spring, discover a new career that you're proud of with Lowe's. Click the link in our bio to apply today!