PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver data pipelines and analytics solutions on Hadoop, Cloud and other platforms. The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, building, maintaining, testing and evaluation complex solutions in close partnership with solution architects and other analytic partners. This role translates requirements into new big data solutions, maintenance and execution of existing processes, as well continuous improvement.
- Builds complex technical solutions that turn business requirements into operational processes and inject analytical insights into the business
- Aligns complex technical solutions to corporate governance requirements to ensure data security and maintain data quality standards
- Remains on the cutting edge of industry trends to ensure that the Lowe's COE is aligned with industry best practices
- Builds automation and self-service consumption tools to operationalize data ingestion and analytic models
- Aligns technical solutions to corporate standards to ensure that security and privacy requirements are met
- Communicates clearly and concisely to key leadership and stakeholders to ensure alignment on project status and deliverables
- Partners with Big Data architects, Data Scientists and other key stakeholders to ensure that project deliverables align with cost and timing standards
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 3 years of experience in strong software programming fundamentals, with knowledge of Python, Scala or Java.
- Good Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- 12 months experience in Data Engineering or relevant
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 1 year of experience in strong software programming fundamentals, with knowledge of Python, Scala or Java.
- Good Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and related concepts
6 months experience in Data Engineering or relevant
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.