Data ArchitectApply Now Job ID 1414077BR Date posted 06/13/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0678 - IT Enterprise Data Architectur
The Data Architect works under minimal supervision, and collaborates with the business and IT stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of Lowe's data and how to incorporate that into future state architecture. This individual identifies opportunities and documents the data architecture roadmap for assigned subject areas.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Data Architect is to lead development of domain-specific data models in order to drive consistent use of data across application portfolios. They set the direction of data architecture for application portfolios using multiple techniques and viewpoints, such as conceptual/logical/physical data models, data flow diagrams, data entity/business function matrices, etc. They are responsible for documenting the current state of Lowe's data architecture through collaboration with Data Owners, Architects, and Subject Matter Experts. As an integral part of project teams supporting business solution delivery, they work with business and IT teams to assure the adherence to data principles, the adoption of data standards, and the alignment to the desired target state. This includes responsibility for providing critical decision support, guidance, and recommendations regarding data design deliverables.
• Creates, maintains, and communicates current and target state data architecture for data domains within an assigned subject area
• Oversees, creates, and reviews program and project data architectures to frame architectural project work and execution in collaboration with other architects
• Reviews project deliverables from project technical leads and IT teams to ensure they meet data standards
• Guides application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states
• Facilitates the transition from high level design and supports the project lifecycle with input from executive leadership where needed
• Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
• Defines and enforces data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, and policies to ensure consistency and adherence to Lowe's processes
• Develops data architecture plans and drives the plans to fruition in collaboration with Data Owners, Architects, and Solution Teams
• Develops and maintains current and target state conceptual, logical, and physical data architecture models required for business solution delivery
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 5 to 8+ years of experience in IT, including 5+ years of experience in IT architecture
• Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 4+ years of experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
• 2+ years of experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPM, UML, ER)
• 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman
• Master ’ s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 2+ years of experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 4+ years of experience leading technical teams with or without direct reports
• 4+ years of experience with Data Modeling, Process Modeling, UML and other modeling techniques
• 3+ years of experience in IT within the retail industry
• 4+ years of experience working as a Data Architect
• 2+ years of experience in Data Management and Data Governance Processes
• 2+ years of experience working with MDM Solutions, preferably over Customer and Product Domains
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Delivery Driver - bit.ly/2MPLuZv #Transportation #Greer, SC #Hiring
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Delivery Driver - bit.ly/2IhsT4R #Transportation #SanAntonio, TX #Job #Jobs
Beep beep! We're looking for #DeliveryDrivers nationwide to join our team. Apply today! sm.lowes.com/ufDGPM pic.twitter.com/yCbKUOJ4uv
Lowe’s 10-week internship program gives students an opportunity to learn from real experience in several business areas. Interns gain hands-on experience, develop leadership skills and build valuable relationships with managers, mentors and peers, while contributing to company initiatives. Additionally, our internships are designed to give Lowe’s an opportunity to develop future pipelines of talent for critical roles within the organization by converting successful interns into full-time college hires.
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Full Time Delivery Driver - CDL Required - bit.ly/2IcAv8N #Transportation #Cincinnati, OH #Hiring
Our 10-week internship program gives students an opportunity to learn from real experience in several business areas. Our program is designed to give Lowe’s an opportunity to develop future pipelines of talent by converting successful interns into full-time hires. pic.twitter.com/SZwyd1yxsP
Want to work in #AransasPass, TX? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2GveAJi #Transportation #Job #Jobs #Hiring