Customer Insights Senior Manager
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of the Customer Insights, Senior Manager, Trends & Research Innovation role is to bring disproportional growth to Lowe’s by helping to build and activate critical capabilities within the Customer Insights pillar. Specifically, this role will deliver foresight into customer, retail, and societal trends that are emerging and will impact the future of the Home Improvement space. This foresight will directly impact Enterprise strategy and efforts across Marketing, Store Operations, Merchandising, Supply Chain, etc. and will be leveraged, in partnership with existing insight and reporting capabilities, to derive meaningful and valuable insights into consumer behaviors. Finally, the senior manager in this role will work with their director to bring in best-in-class foresight methodologies and trend resources to enable the larger trend team.
The senior manager will direct others in the Customer Insight trend space to help to deliver against key priorities, and will report into the Director, Customer Insights, Trends Share and Research Innovation.
Along with the director, stand up trend capabilities team for Lowe’s including:
- Scan the landscape for trends and turn scanning into themes and stories that will drive business planning including new enterprise initiatives and marketing activities for the next quarter, next 1 year, and next 5 years out.
- Generate monthly customer perspectives that capture customer mindsets and future scenarios, guiding the state of the customer for executives.
- Build out the library of trend sources needed by Lowe’s and recommend a new “library” for Lowe’s moving forward.
- Develop a trend framework that will become the guideposts for which we flow trends through the organization, including a vision for executive immersion. Recommend partnership with other entities in Lowe’s for merging trends with additional marketplace understanding.
Re-invent the Insight innovation program for Lowe’s including:
- Assess current landscape of internal methodologies and identify gaps, creating recommendation as to where innovation needs to happen both qualitatively and quantitatively across the Enterprise, specific to the Trends space.
- Build innovation map and work with external and internal parties to determine the solutions for delivering against the map (e.g. buy/build/partner).
- Train broad organization of Insights team to understand and utilize these new Trend tools.
- Partner with VP+ leaders across the building, especially in Marketing, Strategy and Merchandising to ensure insights and foresights drive action across Lowe’s, leading to growth in key pillars.
- Coach and grow the senior manager’s immediate team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field
• 7+ years’ experience in the market research field
• 7+ years’ experience working with analytic/research software (e.g. SPSS, Wincross, Sawtooth, SAS, Decipher, Qualtrics, etc.)
• 5+ years proven experience coaching others and operating as a team to drive business impact
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Mastery of unique market research areas such as Marketing, In-Store Experience, Retail, etc.
• Master's Degree in a related field (e.g. Master's in Market Research, Behavioral Psychology, MBA)
• 4+ years’ experience in market research field
• Experience working in a retail environment
• Concentration in relevant area (Psychology, Market Research, Statistics)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program.
For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.