CounselApply Now Job ID 1291215BR Date posted 11/01/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0135 - Legal
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This position represents the Company before the EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA and other local, state, and federal administrative agencies, including investigating and responding to administrative charges and inquiries, appearing at mediations and settlement conferences and may manage outside counsel in such matters in limited circumstances. The Counsel – Employment Law is responsible for maintaining expertise in this area of the law and making broad connections concerning the impacts to the business regarding changes in the legal landscape while also driving to completion projects designed to minimize enterprise risk while increasing employee effectiveness. This position will provide daily legal support for individual employment law related matters and counsel to internal client groups regarding compliance with employment laws and labor regulations. Collaborates directly with business unit leaders and works closely with client groups, external counsel, and attorneys within the Department. This position is responsible for counseling on a wide range of matters affecting the operations of a multi-national, Omni-channel retailer. This position must utilize a flexible approach to addressing a high-volume workload in a way that protects and advances the company’s interests and is called upon to provide legal services in a way that displays legal best-practices, attention to detail, a dedication to client service and a practical approach to achieving resolution.
• Will work regularly with and appear before representatives of the USDOL, OSHA, EEOC, NLRB, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
• Advises internal clients regarding compliance regarding: EEO laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act, ERISA, applicable wage & hour laws, National Labor Relations Act, USERRA, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Workers Compensation and workplace safety laws.
• Drafts and reviews internal legal memoranda and advisory documents, investigation reports, training presentations, administrative responses, and internal policies.
• Conducts interviews and prepares interview summaries and reports in support of internal investigations.
• Act as a subject matter expert for project teams on enterprise initiatives which may be impacted by employment laws and regulations.
• Support allied and international subsidiaries on employment and labor related issues.
• May support more senior lawyers on various matters. Capacity to propose solutions on more complex matters
• Informally mentors peers and more junior staff and/or para-professionals and demonstrates the ability to work well with others in these positions, as well as across client groups
• Manages day to day contacts with para-professionals and clients (primarily at the Manager, Director, and VP level) to complete work in their areas
• Provides counsel on legal issues to mitigate legal risks to different business units as assigned while advising clients on the interplay between planned business activities and employment law requirements.
• Delivers targeted legal training to clients and provides legal advice that is focused on the strategic goals of the clients and the enterprise
• Interacts with outside counsel regularly and may be required to manage outside counsel on individual legal matters
Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited school
4-6 years experience admitted and licensed to practice law in at least one state (or foreign jurisdiction, if lawyer is providing services to Company affiliates in that jurisdiction) with no record of negative Bar discipline. Work as an attorney primarily focused on the specialized practice area, including litigation and client support.
2+ Experience in-house with a national or regional retailer or extensive work with a retail business as an external attorney.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Do you have management experience in a fast-paced retail environment? We need you as an Assistant Store #Manager.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
See our latest #Mooresville, NC #job and click to apply: Product Content Sr Specialist - bit.ly/2A6razG #BusinessMgmt #Hiring
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Customer Service Associate II - bit.ly/2ySka5o #Retail #Rockford, IL #Job #Jobs
Lowe's needs your help to grow our business by developing and executing breakthrough concepts. Up for the challenge? Apply to be our next Director Market & Concept Development Strategy. http://sm.lowes.com/pouEMC
Want to work in #Wilkesboro, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2yRJAA3 #CustomerService #Job #Jobs #Hiring
Help us discover new business opportunities and breakthrough concepts! Check out this new role:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Lowe's is always searching for fresh talent to become a part of our team. We've got opportunities in a variety of roles. Don't wait to start your career with us today! http://sm.lowes.com/L7JSVs
Want to work in #Danville, KY? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2yQ2s2x #Retail #Job #Jobs #Hiring