CounselApply Now Job ID 1616932BR Date posted 06/26/2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Location Name Mooresville, NC (SSC) Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Legal
The Corporate Counsel, Employment Law Services position is a Director-level attorney position primarily responsible for providing daily legal support for individual Employment Law related matters while advising various business units and allied businesses regarding the interaction between strategic plans for the business and Employment Law requirements. The Counsel, Employment Law will be responsible for maintaining expertise in this area of law and making broad connections concerning the impacts to the business regarding changes in the legal landscape while also driving to completion projects designed to minimize enterprise risk while increasing employee effectiveness. This position reports to a Vice President-Assistant General Counsel within the Employment Law group of the Legal Department and works closely with other members of the Department as well as other business units including Human Resources, Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Information Technology, Commercial Sales, Public Relations, Government Relations, Marketing, Business Development, International, Allied Businesses, and Risk Management.
• The responsibilities of this position may include responding to administrative charges and inquires, mediating claims with Federal, State, and Local EEO agencies, providing legal advice and service to business unit Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers in connection with changes in Employment law and/or the interplay with new business initiatives, and other legal and regulatory issues which may be connected.
• The Corporate Counsel will also be expected to leverage their experience and general legal knowledge to identify other issues which may require collaboration with other members of the legal team to accomplish business goals while minimizing risk.
• The successful Corporate Counsel, Employment Law Services candidate must have a strong working knowledge of multi-jurisdictional Employment Law requirements, including familiarity with state leave and break laws, workplace safety requirements, wage and hour mandates, and whistleblower protections while recognizing issues implicating potential enforcement actions by the NLRB, DOL, EEOC, OSHA, and other federal and state regulatory agencies.
• Counsel will also support certain international operations periodically.
• The Corporate Counsel, Employment Law Services position will collaborate directly with business unit leaders and work closely with Human Resources teams, including Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Human Resources Information Systems, HR Shared Services, Leadership and Development, and associated HR generalists.
• This position presents a career opportunity to contribute to and develop within a dynamic legal department in a fast-paced, change-oriented omni-channel retail environment.
• JD from an ABA accredited institution Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one state
• 8 or more years of substantive Employment Law counseling and litigation management with a law firm and/or an in-house legal department.
• Significant prior employment law experience with a law firm or in-house corporate legal department
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task and manage a substantial work load in a fast-paced environment
• Strong writing, analytical and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav