Copywriter - MK0204
Purpose of Role:
The Copywriter reports to a Creative Director and assists the Associate Creative Directors, Senior Copywriters and Producers to create advertising copy. The Copywriter creates impactful copy that is in the Lowe's brand voice with a demonstrated flexibility to write broad brand messages through to highly promotional offers.
This role is expected to be up-to-date on all media channel formats, standards and trends. The Copywriter works with the ACD to translate the business brief into words. This requires an understanding of the customer mind-set and the ability to find a unique reason to believe, and to convince our customers that Lowe's the preferred retailer for their needs. The Copywriter writes a range of options to meet the needs of the business with supervision of the ACD.
The Copywriter works independently on jobs that are within print and/or digital. The Copywriter is writing for, and has high accountability for, jobs that are categorized as Tier 2-3. This requires experience across multiple channels, including digital, social media, print, and signage.
• On a quarterly basis, the Copywriter is following the message map direction for the quarter set by the ACD. Usually, this is related to a promotional season and includes digital, in-store, radio and TV standards. The Copywriter works with ACDs and Designers to apply the message map to the work. They also partner with other copywriters to ensure consistency in brand voice across all customer-facing work.
• On a monthly basis, the Copywriter works with the ACDs, Sr. Designers and other Copywriters to write pieces that are in brand standards and fulfill business needs. This work is mostly tier 2-3 and across all channels.
• Produces copy options for advertising materials including but not limited to in-store signage, print, and digital media.
• Versions out concepts and solutions based on creative briefs and business strategy.
• Works with the ACDs to prioritize the workload and determine the best design approach.
• Partners with the ACD, Design and production studio team in executing work.
• On a daily basis, the Copywriter carries a full workload of tactical, writing requests.
• Executes creative assignments as part of a team as well as with other creative studio services.
• Writes to consistently high standards that enhance the Lowe's brand.
• Works within Workfront for job workload management.
• Utilizes ProofHQ for trafficking work for review when appropriate.
• Presents written samples to ACD for review and approval.
• Applies message maps and brand voice to their work for Lowe’s digital and print advertising communications.
• Writes and collaborates on Lowe's print and digital vehicles including but not limited to magazines, direct mail, in-store signage, digital display and POP materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English
• 4+ years’ experience in Advertising/Marketing as a Copy Editor or Proofreader
• Demonstrated detail-orientation with a bias to accuracy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including an expert level of knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.