College Recruiting - Supply Chain Optimization Intern
Lowe's 2020 Summer Internship Program offers an immersive leadership assignment to undergraduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. Internships begin with orientation in late May and conclude in early August. The goal of this role is conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push the boundaries of what's possible.
The Network Design & Optimization area is focused on improving omni-channel efficiency and service by proactively managing our current network capacity and flow while planning for future needs.
This internship will be an essential part of the team and will develop pro-active monitoring and exception management process for product channel and flow strategy which will consist of the following:
- Creation of monitoring processes for channel and flow business rules
- Develop reporting to drive efficiencies in channel and flow
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify area of opportunity for improving existing processes and handoffs for channel and flow
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance or from an accredited university with
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Experience in data analytics
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents for presentation to management
- Proven problem-solving and time management skills
- Knowledge of Power BI or similar software
- Ability to think creatively about solutions and challenge convention
- 3.0 or above GPA
- Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
- Experience with data analysis through student projects/labs
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.