College Recruiting - Associate Merchant Intern (MBA)
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push the boundaries of what's possible.
Assist the Merchant team with implementation and execution of product strategies that align with business objectives and financial goals. This role will support the merchant team through a variety of tasks, including business analysis, product review, vendor meetings, and execution of strategy.
• Responsible for specified portion of product assortments and groups.
• Supports Merchant teams and executes tasks to deliver on strategic objectives.
• Partners with leader and cross-functional partners to assist in building product assortment and lines for specified categories.
• Analyze business trends and identify areas of opportunities and provide recommendations for improvements to the Merchant teams.
• Helps manage relationships and facilitate vendor interactions working closely with Merchant/Sr. Merchant.
• Builds and maintains strong understanding of the industry.
• Partners for specific category tactics and execution.
• May make product decisions for assigned product category groups, including lumber and building materials, rough plumbing and electrical, kitchen and bath and millwork
This will serve as a feeder posting for 4 MBA Internships within Merchandising.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.