Campus Recruiting - Intern-Field Industrial EngineerApply Now Job ID 1260390BR Date posted 09/05/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Temporary Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0617 - Intern Program
Lowe’s Field Industrial Engineering intern will operate as an integral member of a Distribution Center’s (DC’s) management team, while also being part of a broader team of Engineers across the distribution network. Their primary role is to partner with DC management to drive facility safety, quality, productivity, accuracy, capacity and efficiency. Duties include daily management of engineered standards, reporting and production support.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of “we”. People who push boundaries of what’s possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain multi-variable standards, including the performance of time studies, regularly scheduled standard validation, best-method development, documentation and training.
• Build understanding and gain “buy-in” of approved standards by DC personnel.
• Prepare and maintain documentation for each operation describing methods and procedures, engineering notes, engineering records (such as time study data), standards, and pay variable definitions.
• Produce various performance reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Meet weekly as part of the DC management team to keep apprised of issues and opportunities, lending the engineering perspective to guide the facility towards the most ideal and strategic course of action.
• Other responsibilities include: budgeting support, facility layout design, ergonomics, material handling equipment, process improvement, cost-benefit analysis, and capacity analysis.
To be eligible for this internship candidates must be a rising Junior/Senior eager to put 10 weeks of the summer toward defining their future and ours.
• 40-hour week
• Intern housing provided to those who qualify
• Duration of internship: Late May through mid-August
• Potential for academic credits
• Employee discounts
• Competitive compensation
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Applicants currently must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program
• 3.0 or above GPA
• Junior or Senior academic standing
• Time study experience
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, and Access
• Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
Field Based within our Regional Distribution Center Network:
North Vernon, IN; Pottsville, PA; Pittston, PA; Mount Vernon, TX; Valdosta, GA; Cheyenne, WY; Poinciana, FL; Perris, CA; Garysburg, NC; Statesville, NC; Findlay, OH; Plainfield, CT, Rockford, IL; Lebanon, OR and Rome, GA
Mooresville , NC Customer Support Center (CSC) based:
Supply Chain Engineering (SCE), Distribution Center Support and Services (DCSS), and our Central Delivery Terminal (CDT)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Hear more about how a Sudanese refugee found a new life at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/7xPjSe pic.twitter.com/jzsDkUslQV
Looking to improve your DIY home improvement skills? Lowe's Upskill Project is offering free home improvement workshops in communities across the country. Discover more here: http://sm.lowes.com/IRB2Mr
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Mooresville, NC? bit.ly/2y72SEE #IT #Hiring
Interested in a career with Lowe’s? Make sure you stop by our booth at the National Black MBA Association and 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition from September 26-30. http://sm.lowes.com/UWqJfh
Learn more about the Lowe's team at the #NBMBAA and #Prospanica 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition! #LowesLife… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Producer - bit.ly/2goYqWC #Mooresville, NC #Hiring