Business Continuity Senior Analyst
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Business Continuity Senior Analyst role is to be a key driver of the Lowe's Business Continuity Program, which seeks to ensure that Lowe's is prepared to both effectively and efficiently respond to emergencies, crises, and continuity events. This includes applying a multi-disciplinary approach to work with domestic, Allied and/or international businesses to develop, implement and maintain business continuity capabilities, with a focus on minimizing negative impacts to the company's people, processes, infrastructure and technology. The role also supports the Lowe's Crisis Support Team during live events. This role is critical to ensuring successful and proactive crisis management to avoid severe damage or harm to the enterprise.
- Executes the Business Continuity Lifecycle at Lowe’s by conducting Intelligence Gathering, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, Dependency Mapping, Business Impacts Analyses, facilitating business units in developing Continuity Plans and Playbooks, performing functional testing of plans, and preparing After-Action Reviews and tracking the resolution of remediation tasks.
- Builds productive partnerships and trust with other key resilience stakeholders across the enterprise – IT Disaster Recovery, Emergency Command Center, Global Security, Information Security, Asset Protection, Human Resources, and Operations.
- Establishes and formalizes working relationships with key stakeholders to drive the development and maintenance of departmental continuity plans, and support plan testing and improvement. Develops an in-depth understanding of business operations, processes and strategies that require business continuity capabilities.
- Ensures that IT application specific Business Impact Analyses are conducted, recovery tiers are defined and updated in support of IT DR objectives.
- Coordinates all aspects of Business Continuity support for IT Disaster Recovery exercises from planning through to execution and, post exercise, gap analyses and remediation resolution.
- Executes multiple projects simultaneously involving many internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Plans and prepares for the delivery of stated commitments on time and efficiently while focusing on value-added outcomes for the company.
- Supports Emergency Command Center operations, supporting severe weather preparation and response activities in Supply Chain, Merchandising and Stores and the After Action reviews post-event and post-storm season.
- Conducts assessments on Third Party vendors and their ability to maintain and/or recover operations based on the criticality defined by Business Impact Analyses.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an Business Continuity Training Program to build awareness of the Business Continuity Framework, and roles and responsibilities for Business Continuity activities across Lowe’s business units.
- Provides administrative support to Lowe’s Crisis Support Team, the Lowe's Crisis Management Team, Lowe’s Enterprise Resilience Steering Committee, and IT Disaster Recovery as directed.
- Supports the creation, implementation, testing and execution of crisis and continuity incident response plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Continuity, Risk, Audit or Security
- 5+ years of Business continuity related functions or 5+ years experience in a business continuity related field without a degree
- Associate Business Continuity Professional, Certified Functional Continuity Professional, Certified Business Continuity Professional, Member Business Continuity Institute, or similar experience
- Certified Six Sigma (Green Belt and above)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.