Associate Relations SupervisorApply Now Job ID 1518299BR Date posted 01/11/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0276 - Associate & Labor Relations
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the team responsible for all initial intake and inquiries related to Employee and Labor Relations. The role will provide direction for all non-complex workplace complaints/concerns. Duties include managing the investigation of all open-door issues and reviewing all corrective action reports, terminations, and performance improvement documents. This role will support education and training across the enterprise and provide leadership of direct interventions, as necessary.
- Responsible for AR team of Advisors executing investigations on all non-complex workplace complaints (e.g., concerns raised through the Open-Door process) and basic positive employee relations guidance.
- With oversight from AR Directors or Consultants, executes employee relations guiding principles and strategy that align to the company’s culture while optimizing employee engagement.
- With oversight from AR leadership, provides guidance on case management and policy interpretation that aligns to local, state and federal laws and statutes and company policies and practices.
- Partners with field HR and business leaders to build strong partnerships and develop proactive positive employee relations strategies that drive business objectives.
- Cultivates and maintains trusted and productive relationships with human resources, legal, business operations leaders, etc. Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns, across the country.
- Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns.
- Ensures corrective/disciplinary actions consistently, fairly and legally across the enterprise.
- Inspires, motivates, develops and influences individuals and teams.
- Supports and guides AR Advisors on labor relations hotline matters.
- Reviews and approves all corrective action and performance terminations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations or a related role conducting complaint investigations related to Federal, State, Local employment and labor laws for multi-site organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEO compliance.
- Direct experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations.
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent program facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish would be an asset
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
When Lowe's learned about a teacher at Almira Elementary in Cleveland, OH, raising money for a washer/dryer set, we wanted to lighten the load by donating new machines. We're pleased our team could help out the school and ensure that the students would have clean clothes. #LowesLife
Lowe's #disasterrelief efforts are going toward helping communities affected by recent tornadoes in Alabama and Georgia. Learn more about how we're helping with recovery: sm.lowes.com/zxfbZ9 #LowesHeroes pic.twitter.com/FEuQ1TdyWN
When the Lowe's team in Cleveland, OH, heard that a local teacher was raising money to buy a washer/dryer set for her school, we wanted to help. Lowe's decided to lighten the load and donate new machines. In return, the students are showing Lowe's some love. #LowesLife
This #WomensHistoryMonth we're celebrating our longest-tenured associate Judy Wood and her 45 years as a member of the Lowe's family. Find out why she loves #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/gZybKG #EmployeeAppreciation pic.twitter.com/e0DAVO9M3v
Blossom by blossom, spring begins! What's your favorite thing about spring? http://sm.lowes.com/g5mDwZ
It's the #firstdayofspring and fresh Lowe's jobs are sprouting up all over, just take your pick! To find #SpringHiring opportunities click here: sm.lowes.com/rs5PoI pic.twitter.com/lmeMRrfatI
Goodbye winter, hello spring! Thousands of jobs that can easily bloom into a fulfilling, long-term career are waiting for you. Join us at Lowe's and see how your future can flourish. Find all #SpringHiring opportunities here: http://sm.lowes.com/DGdqzj
It's the #FirstDayofSpring! What's your favorite thing about spring?sm.lowes.com/FWbIyF pic.twitter.com/Ykykx0v18i