Associate Relations SupervisorApply Now Job ID 1518299BR Date posted 01/11/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0276 - Associate & Labor Relations
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the team responsible for all initial intake and inquiries related to Employee and Labor Relations. The role will provide direction for all non-complex workplace complaints/concerns. Duties include managing the investigation of all open-door issues and reviewing all corrective action reports, terminations, and performance improvement documents. This role will support education and training across the enterprise and provide leadership of direct interventions, as necessary.
- Responsible for AR team of Advisors executing investigations on all non-complex workplace complaints (e.g., concerns raised through the Open-Door process) and basic positive employee relations guidance.
- With oversight from AR Directors or Consultants, executes employee relations guiding principles and strategy that align to the company’s culture while optimizing employee engagement.
- With oversight from AR leadership, provides guidance on case management and policy interpretation that aligns to local, state and federal laws and statutes and company policies and practices.
- Partners with field HR and business leaders to build strong partnerships and develop proactive positive employee relations strategies that drive business objectives.
- Cultivates and maintains trusted and productive relationships with human resources, legal, business operations leaders, etc. Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns, across the country.
- Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns.
- Ensures corrective/disciplinary actions consistently, fairly and legally across the enterprise.
- Inspires, motivates, develops and influences individuals and teams.
- Supports and guides AR Advisors on labor relations hotline matters.
- Reviews and approves all corrective action and performance terminations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations or a related role conducting complaint investigations related to Federal, State, Local employment and labor laws for multi-site organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEO compliance.
- Direct experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations.
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent program facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish would be an asset
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#DYK Lowe's emergency command center has been deploying disaster relief for 30 years? Take a look inside the command center here: sm.lowes.com/z4zaEs pic.twitter.com/VMvyjrJSGg
Lowe's recruiters had a great time at #NatCon2019, the largest annual gathering of student veterans! They networked with student veterans from across the country, talked about Lowe’s commitment to veterans, and left feeling inspired. What a great way to start 2019! #LowesLife
Lowe's is recognizing the employees who pour their hearts and souls into their work. Congrats to Timothy Ricker, winner of the exceptional #customerservice award! pic.twitter.com/3pjP3rkZ5c
Congratulations to exceptional customer service award winner Timothy Ricker, who is an avid supporter of the Employee Relief Fund and the Boys and Girls Club. We're happy to be able to give back to an employee who contributes so much to Lowe's. #LowesLife
We're proud to announce that Lowe's has been named one of the 50 Best Companies for Diversity by @blackenterprise! Learn more about the honor here: sm.lowes.com/Hai1SW #DiversityandInclusion pic.twitter.com/ItLHTCbxRw
Lowe's very own Robin Bornkamp has been named one of 2019's Top Women in Retail Tech! Discover how Robin is leading us into the next phase of our ongoing transformation here: [link] #WomenInLeadership sm.lowes.com/icDIlV pic.twitter.com/WhuytpEOB1
Our mission at Lowe's is to help people love where they live and work. Our team in Littleton, NH showed their commitment to that mission by donating grills to local police and fire departments, and coming together to put on a spectacular holiday employee appreciation event! #LowesLife
We love when our employees give back to their communities. Sending a special thank you to the Lowe's team in Littleton, NH who donated grills and cleaning supplies to local Police and Fire Departments during the holidays! #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/sU4Qr6fHqD