Employee Relations SupervisorApply Now Job ID 1518299BR Date posted 01/11/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0276 - Associate & Labor Relations
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the team responsible for all initial intake and inquiries related to Employee and Labor Relations. The role will provide direction for all non-complex workplace complaints/concerns. Duties include managing the investigation of all open-door issues and reviewing all corrective action reports, terminations, and performance improvement documents. This role will support education and training across the enterprise and provide leadership of direct interventions, as necessary.
- Responsible for AR team of Advisors executing investigations on all non-complex workplace complaints (e.g., concerns raised through the Open-Door process) and basic positive employee relations guidance.
- With oversight from AR Directors or Consultants, executes employee relations guiding principles and strategy that align to the company’s culture while optimizing employee engagement.
- With oversight from AR leadership, provides guidance on case management and policy interpretation that aligns to local, state and federal laws and statutes and company policies and practices.
- Partners with field HR and business leaders to build strong partnerships and develop proactive positive employee relations strategies that drive business objectives.
- Cultivates and maintains trusted and productive relationships with human resources, legal, business operations leaders, etc. Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns, across the country.
- Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns.
- Ensures corrective/disciplinary actions consistently, fairly and legally across the enterprise.
- Inspires, motivates, develops and influences individuals and teams.
- Supports and guides AR Advisors on labor relations hotline matters.
- Reviews and approves all corrective action and performance terminations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations or a related role conducting complaint investigations related to Federal, State, Local employment and labor laws for multi-site organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEO compliance.
- Direct experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations.
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent program facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish would be an asset
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
After a year of service in Afghanistan, Lowe's welcomed David Nelson, a 19-year associate, back to our team with a special reception. Welcome home, David! #LowesLife bit.ly/2KE4co5 pic.twitter.com/AHZLjV6uam
For one special night and one special girl battling cancer, Lowe's and her friends transformed a high school gym into a castle fit for a princess. Learn about the fairytale benefit they'd never forget. low.es/2ZkIKsy pic.twitter.com/9FDxDvwOIX
Lowe's recently welcomed back David Nelson, a 19-year associate of Lowe’s who spent a year deployed in Afghanistan. To celebrate David's homecoming, EVP Joe McFarland presented him with one of the first Lowe's challenge coins. Welcome home, David! http://bit.ly/2WXUXFT
Once upon a time, not too long ago, Lowe's and some friends built a castle fit for a princess named Delaney so she could dance the night away. Learn more about how we turned a gym into a fairytale to raise money for Delaney. https://low.es/2Wwv8xc
To some, a 170-year-old house with cracked walls, peeling wallpaper and a ruptured ceiling may seem like a lost cause, but to Dan Meneguin, it’s home. Learn about how Lowe's is helping Dan restore the house where he made childhood memories: https://low.es/2VXaPso
#rg 🙏 @reachoutww...
It’s been 7 days since the water receded in Sand Springs, OK and the mold is coming in full force. This home had 4.5 feet of water. #teamroww, supported by #lowesheroes, has already completed 7… instagram.com/p/ByaisXYn7cG/…
The home of the free, because of the brave. This year, Lowe's made sure to celebrate the real meaning of #MemorialDay, remembering brave, fallen soldiers. Learn more about how we honored the day. low.es/30O8Mpz pic.twitter.com/OZMVviQcVg
Lowe’s was founded by World War II veteran, Carl Buchan, and we have honored his vision over the years by welcoming over 14,000 active military, veterans and military spouses to the Lowe's family. We're proud to be recognized once again by U.S. Veterans Magazine as a Top Veteran-Friendly Company. https://bit.ly/2JVJTmm