Associate Relations ManagerApply Now Job ID 1613921BR Date posted 06/26/2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Location Name Mooresville, NC (SSC) Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Associate & Labor Relations
The primary purpose of this role is to execute strategies to maintain a positive employee relations environment and manage a team of Employee Relations Consultants (investigators) that handle all employee complex, high-risk workplace complaint investigations. This role will maintain programmatic approaches to union avoidance, support education and training across the enterprise and provide leadership of direct interventions, as necessary. This role will also provide strategic and tactical support on employment resolutions and manage the company's guiding principles and practices around employee investigations. This role requires very extensive knowledge in Associate and Labor Relations and experience supporting union free environments.
- Supervises and leads a team of Consultants in partnership with AR Supervisors and their team of Advisors, for investigations into associate relations concerns and unfair labor practice allegations.
- Executes associate relations guiding principles and strategies that align to the company’s culture while optimizing employee engagement.
- Conducts or leads complex, high-risk and confidential investigations at the company, with support from the AR Consultants.
- Accountable for on all employee workplace complaint investigations, and may be consulted for escalated open-door issues.
- Provides guidance on case management and policy interpretation that aligns to local, state and federal laws and statutes and company policies and practices.
- Partners with HR and business leaders to build strong partnerships and develop proactive positive associate relations strategies that drive business objectives.
- Cultivates and maintains trusted and productive relationships with human resources, legal, business operations leaders across the enterprise.
- Provides coaching, guidance and expertise to leaders to address employee conduct and performance related concerns.
- Ensures corrective/disciplinary actions are implemented consistently, fairly and legally across the enterprise.Inspires, motivates, develops and influences individuals and teams.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for identified trends through benchmark reports, litigations, employee relations case management, etc., resulting in improved positive employee engagement
- Supports and facilitates education and training across the enterprise on positive workplace practices for employees and leaders.With guidance from the ER Director, manages and executes the labor relations hotline procedures.
- Executes labor relations guiding principles and strategies to support and enhance Lowe’s union-free philosophy, including providing direction on procedures for handling potential unionizing efforts.In partnership with Field HR and location managers, serves as the day-to-day monitor of union organizing vulnerability.
- Stays apprised of labor & associate relations and general human resources trends by maintaining strong connections with positive associate relations professional organizations (e.g., CUE, Inc., etc.) as well as other human resources/employee relations and retail-focused organizations (e.g., RILA, SHRM, etc.).
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in employee relations - Multi-state, multi-location environment
- 7+ yeares experience in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations or a related role conducting complaint investigations related to Federal, State, Local employment and labor laws for multi-site organization
- 5+ years experience Managing workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEP compliance
- 5+ years experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations)
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent program facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel and work under stressful situations.Bilingual in English & Spanish would be an asset
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Relations, Business, J.D.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav