Assistant Manager AccountingApply Now Job ID 1460470BR Date posted 09/13/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1605 Curtis Bridge Road Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0024 - Margin & Cost Accounting
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to supervise a team of individuals responsible for accurately processing and reviewing financial activities to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for conducting effective research, managing, tracking, reporting, and reviewing work (first and/or second level) for financial activities to ensure accounting records are correct. In addition, this role supports the execution and design of internal controls over financial and regulatory reporting, by working independently to apply and provide experienced accounting judgment and advanced knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements to Accountants and Senior Accountants in daily activity.
- Supervises a group of individuals responsible for the timely processing of financial activities that require the application of technical accounting knowledge specific to their respective area
- Oversees training, work product review, and employee development within their respective group to build accounting skillset and knowledge and to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
- Manages and often performs moderately complex analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and timely reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
- Researches financial transactions related to their areas of responsibility to identify issues and determine appropriate resolution independently
- Executes specials projects and resolution of non-reoccurring complex accounting issues within the respective area to deliver optimal solutions to financial issues
- Ensures appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for financial activities and entries are maintained and provided to appropriate stakeholders
- Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and directly with external auditors to resolve audit questions and issues.
- Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization
- Works with external (regulatory and third party) and independent auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy.
- Designs and over sees testing around financial controls to support SOX compliance for respective financial area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with 4 to 6 years Experience in accounting(public or private) or relevant experience
- Advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
- Demonstrated understandingof advanced GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge tothe design and execution of activities within the respective area)
- Experience leading a teamand/or supervising others with direct or indirect reports
- Master's Degree in Accounting - CPA or CPA candidate
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit www.Lowes.com .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
When hearing about a local barber shop possibly closing in the small town of #FortPolk, #Louisiana, Lowe's was there to help the family leave a #legacy behind. sm.lowes.com/GXH8AS pic.twitter.com/k436V6TQNQ
Join Lowe’s for FREE hot meals and relief materials while supplies last on Thursday, Sept. 20th from 12-3 p.m. at Lowe’s of South Jacksonville, 425 Yopp Rd. Retweet to share with your community. 💙 #LowesHeroes pic.twitter.com/1KVKNtcG26
Join Lowes & @JimmieJohnson for FREE hot meals & relief materials while supplies last on Thursday, Sept. 20th from 3-6 p.m. at Lowe’s of South Wilmington, 5110 S. College Road. Retweet to share with your community 💙 #LowesHeroes pic.twitter.com/5cZxCpASxK
“To have a professional and safe space for our kids and parents to come when they're in crisis and in times of need, it means everything to them,” said Maggie Middleton who works at the St. Louis Crisis Nursery. Learn more about the impact we were able to make in our community: http://sm.lowes.com/0YTEhn
With the help of 120 Lowe’s Heroes from several local stores, two of the local schools in Findlay, Ohio received incredible makeovers just in time for start of the new school year. sm.lowes.com/Ny0g7h pic.twitter.com/KDSeQ2VPFD
Our Store Manager, Vanessa Drew, in Wilson, North Carolina, helped a group of men and women in the National Guard during #HurricaneFlorence. They visited her store to buy totes to wash their clothes in when she discovered they had been relocated due to flooding and hadn’t washed their uniforms in days, so she and her team decided to donate a washer to them. For more information, click here: http://sm.lowes.com/YeyzlU
Store Manager, Vanessa Drew, helped a group of men and women in the @NationalGuard as they had been relocated due to flooding from #HurricaneFlorence and hadn’t washed their uniforms in days, so her team decided to donate a washer to them. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/CgClqR pic.twitter.com/kkJNzQhDOi