Analyst, Consumer Generated Content
Purpose of Role:
The Consumer Generated Content (CGC) Analyst executes the CGC program for assigned areas of responsibility. This includes supporting customer-facing enhancements and improvements by providing SME knowledge, supporting business growth strategies set by leadership, performing competitor analysis to determine gaps and opportunities, executing activities that support the Lowesloop sampling program, as well as identifying educational opportunities across the organization. Additionally, the Analyst CGC will partner with an offshore team to refine the data analytics needed to support the CGC business at Lowe’s.
- The CGC Analyst supports in-depth product reviews, question and answers on Lowes.com through execution of day to day responsibilities, projects and initiatives
- Consistently operates with a customer mindset, performing competitor analysis to determine gaps and opportunities
- Supports in the execution of training and education needs and proactively provides recommendations for improvements
- Partners with the right teams, including an off-shore team, for any reporting and data analytics needed to drive actions and insights for the CGC business
- Supports opportunities, insights and recommendations on best practices for sampling
- Supports enhancements and process improvements for the CGC business by partnering with and providing SME knowledge to Product Management and IT teams.
- 2+ years' experience in product data management or retail industry AND 1+ years' experience with E-commerce or social media experience WITH Bachelor's Degree in related field
- OR 4+ years' experience in product data management or retail industry AND 2+ year's experience in E-commerce or social media experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.