Accounting Senior Specialist (Customer Payments Accounting)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate and timely processing of complex financial transactions leveraging Lowe's systems, processes, and independent judgment. This includes responsibility for ensuring the timely verification and processing of, including but not limited to, expenses, postings, and account balances as well as the maintenance of accurate records. This role provides support to the broader team as needed to assist with supervision and development of the accounting group. This role actively identifies training opportunities conducting audits and analysis to resolve reoccurring issues collectively across the enterprise.
- Must be able to work in the Wilkesboro, NC location on a frequent basis through December 6th, 2019.
- Ensures appropriate processing of financial activities (i.e. transactions, compliance filings, journal entries, payments etc.), reconciliations, and reviews with a focus on routine activities that are less simple in nature and require some use of independent judgment
- Works with systems and processes within applicable area of operation to complete and process financial activities
- Researches transactions to identify issues and ensure they are processed correctly, providing accurate and timely resolutions for any discrepancies
- Reviews and works with external (regulatory and third party) auditors for transactions to ensure accuracy where applicable
- Serves as backup resource for Accountants, Assistant Managers, or Managers as needed to assist in providing guidance to their teams
- Provides escalation path for issues based on materiality and complexity of incoming inquiries
- Assists with training and mentoring the group to increase efficiency and build accounting skillset
- Communicates effectively within the team, across enterprise and with external parties to ensure alignment
- High School Diploma; 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR
- Associate's Degree; 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related area
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting concepts (i.e. T-accounts) and financial controls
- Basic proficiency in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.