Front end department supervisorApply Now Job ID 1630194BR Date posted 07/12/2019 Location Marble Falls, Texas Location Name Marble Falls, TX Address 3200 N Us Highway 281 Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Permanent Line of Business Store Department LWS_USA_Store Operations Mgmt
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Front End Department Supervisor, this means:
• Removing barriers, addressing inefficiencies, and enabling staff to delighting our customers.
• Collaborating with front-end and back-end operations associates to ensure items are adequately stocked.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Front End Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. The Front End Department Supervisor impacts Lowe’s mission daily by planning, scheduling, monitoring, and successfully implementing all non-selling operations in the front end of the store, facilitating the store’s ability to provide a superior customer shopping experience and maximize sales and profitability.
To be successful, the Front End Department Supervisor must collaborate and communicate with other Department Supervisors and Assistant Store Managers to determine the most effective methods for meeting service, operations, and safety objectives. The individual in this role must continuously drive efficiencies and be able to teach others the skills needed to maintain effective store operations. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, recognitions, and morale.
The Front End Department Supervisor helps keep our store safe by conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, training and monitoring staff, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty (MOD).
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience supporting front-end or back-end operations in a retail environment.
• Experience in customer service role.
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav